Instructional Faculty - Temporary/LecturerLocation:
Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Temporary, Full Time, Faculty - Public AffairsPosition:
Full-Time Lecturer, Public Administration Effective date:
August 19, 2024 (1-Year Appointment/2-Semesters, Renewable) Salary:
The Lecturer (Academic Year) classification salary is $5,405 to $11,994/per month (12 monthly payments per academic year). The anticipated hiring range is $6,500 to $7,172/per month. Salary offered is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Application Deadline
: Review of applications to begin October 31, 2023. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled).
College of Health and Human Services
Graduate Center for Public Policy and AdministrationRequired Qualifications
- M.A., M.S., or M.PA. in Public Administration, Public Policy, Political Science or related discipline
- Demonstrated potential for teaching excellence
- Demonstrated potential for research excellence
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Ph.D. in Public Administration, Public Policy, Political Science or related discipline, or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2024.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence at the college level and in graduate level coursework
- Demonstrated teaching excellence in public administration and public policy
- Demonstrated record of university service
- Evidence of professional leadership and support
- Demonstrated commitment to student mentorship
- Experience with NASPAA accreditation
- Teach graduate level courses in the following potential areas: [Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof]
PPA 509: Seminar in Strategic Planning for Public AdministratorsPPA 510: Urban Environmental GovernancePPA 517: Analytical Skills DevelopmentPPA 521: Microcomputer Management for Public AdministratorsPPA 523: Urban Information Systems for Public ManagementPPA 555: Government Budgeting and FinancePPA 560: Public Financial ManagementPPA 567: Basic Governmental AccountingPPA 575: Public Sector Employee-Employer RelationsPPA 581: Government-Community RelationsPPA 590: Special Topics in Public Policy & AdministrationPPA 660: Seminar in Organization Theory & BehaviorPPA 670: Policy Issue Analysis
- Mentor and advise students
- Attend faculty meetings, faculty retreats and participate in Department academic events
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here: CSU Employee BenefitsHow to Apply - Required Documentation:
How to Apply:
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
- Names and contact information for three references (to be contacted for confidential letters of recommendation should you reach the finalist stage)
- Teaching effectiveness, if applicable (i.e., course evaluations)
- Sample of syllabi, if applicable
- Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcripts (e-transcripts preferred, if available)
Click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Required documentation and /or requests for more information should be addressed to:
Adam M. Butz, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Chair
Graduate Center for Public Policy and Administration
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Boulevard, SSPA-234
Long Beach, CA 90840-5601
(562) 985-4316 or E-Mail: Adam.Butz@csulb.eduEmployment Requirements:
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Advertised:
Sep 13, 2023 (3:00 PM) Pacific Daylight TimeApplications close:
Open until filled