Research-Extension Associate/Full ProfessorJob Summary:
This position seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Research-ExtensionAssociate/Full Professor of Community Economics. This professional will oversee all the duties of providing direct assistance to county staff and other staff working within the service region of TUCEP for programming and related public policies in Community Economic Development. This position is essential to the alignment of all programs delivered in all 20 plus counties served are aligned with accepted USDA outputs and outcomes, as well as other USDA-designated regulations.Essential Job Duties:
The successful candidate will:
- Participate in meetings and conferences at the local, state, national, and international levels as requested/approved by the Extension Administrator
- Provide leadership in planning, monitoring, and evaluation of Extension and related programs in Community Economic Development
- Provide information and support to faculty, resource specialists, and agents as relates to Community
- Economic Development program development, implementation, and assessment
- Develop Tuskegee University, State, and regional partnerships to provide more impact on Community Economic Development
- Provide facilitative leadership in professional development for faculty, staff, and students in Community Economics
- Provide technical assistance to CAENS and Cooperative Extension colleagues in program design, curriculum development, Extension publication/fact sheet generation, evaluation planning, and design, and data collection and analysis methods.
- Develop Integrative Extension/Research Projects
- Serve as a researcher in Evans Allen projects, as well as providing research support for students in Agricultural Economics and Integrative Public Policy and Development Graduate Programs
- Develop and submit grant proposals consistent with and in support of Community Economic
- Ph.D. degree in related Applied Economics (Social Science and Policy as well), or a closely related area
- 20 plus years of experience in Community/Economic Development
In keeping with the President's commitment to Tuskegee University becoming "One Tuskegee", the ideal candidate will possess the willingness to use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.Skills and Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
- Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
F #467Will this position required travel?:
YESWill this position required night, weekend, and after hour work?:
YESWill this positon be supported using grants or contract funding?:
12/31/2023Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions Summary:
Each applicant, including all current employees, must complete and submit the following documents:
Quick Link for Internal Postings:
- Tuskegee University employment application
- Cover Letter
- Recommendation letters
- Copies of unofficial transcripts.
- Please note that official transcripts(s) will be required upon hire