Substitute/Substitute Nurse Date Posted:
USD 305 District Office Purpose:
The Substitute Nurse is responsible for addressing the health needs of USD 305 students in the absence of the School Nurse.Supervised by and Reports to:
Building AdministratorPayment Rate:
- Current Kansas Board of Nursing License (Registered Nurse).
- Bachelor degree in Nursing.
- Must have current certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Must have knowledge and ability to use office machines and health equipment as required.
- Maintain current TB testing as required by Health Department regulations (after employment offer is made).
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Evaluating and caring for injuries (providing basic first aid until parents decide appropriate action), contact parents and/or doctor according to health policies, document all actions taken in the health room and make appropriate reports as directed by the district to remain in compliance.
- Maintain school health record, document screening results, referral status, immunization record and health assessment to ensure all activities conform to state and district guidelines.
- Notification of parents of the need for medical referrals and follow up on them so that all students receive the proper care.
- Ensure documentation of medication and maintain, dispense, and secure all student medication according to policy for medication administration to remain in compliance.
- Identification, assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of student health concerns so students receive proper care.
- Ensure health room has first aide and health supplies and inform the district monthly of any needed supplies; check AED monthly and working order of equipment and request repairs as needed to support district staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Physical and emotional ability and dexterity to perform required work and move about as needed in a fast-pace, high-intensive work environment. May be required to wear protective garments and/or gloves for exposure control under limited circumstances. Ability to move, lift, pull or push heavy objects.