Responsibilities Registered Nurse RN - Labor and Delivery PRN
St. Mary's is a 229-bed, acute care hospital located in Enid, OK. St. Mary's Regional Medical Center has served the healthcare needs of northwest Oklahoma for more than 100 years. We host more than 125 highly skilled physicians offering specialties in Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine, Rehabilitation, Laboratory, Women's Imaging, Wound Care, and more.
Website: Position Summary:
- The RN has multiple roles and functions including caregiver, decision-maker, client advocate, manager, rehabilitator, comforter, communicator, and teacher.
- The functions include assessment of the nursing needs of the patient, initiation of the plan of care of nurse action, implementation of the plan of care and the evaluation of the process, by use of the nursing process.
- The Standards of Practice set forth by the professional nursing associations provide guidelines for the competent, safe and professional practice. The RN promotes the dignity and quality of the nursing care given to the patient.
- Involves the patient and family psychosocial, spiritual, emotional, population specific, and diversity needs in care assessment.
- Constructs and implements the plan of care using nursing knowledge and skill. Integrates direct and indirect patient care activities related to the diagnosis and co-morbidities.
- Coordinates the implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of care for assigned patients. Develops goals, treatment plans, and discharge plans that meet individual patient/family needs.
- Consistently completes hourly rounds with purpose to strengthen nurse communication, improve safety, and anticipate patient needs (i.e., pain, re-positioning, toileting). Rounds with purpose including pro-actively evaluating the environment to ensure it is patient friendly and patient safe.
- Collaborates with the patient's designated care partner to meet the educational, physical, psychological, and spiritual needs of the patient.
- Tuition Assistance
- Sign on bonus
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Plans & 401k with company match
- Discounts with local St. Mary's providers
If you would like to learn more about the Registered Nurse (RN) position before applying, please contact Terri Hummel, RN Nurse Recruiter at
and by phone at (580)249-3635.
For more benefit information About Universal Health Services
One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. During the year, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of America's Largest Public Companies. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. www.uhs.com Qualifications
- Current RN licensure from the State of Oklahoma.
- ADN required; BSN preferred.
- Up to 3 years' experience preferred.
- BLS required.
- ALS, NRP required within 6 months of hiring.
- Completion of Basic Fetal Heart Monitoring Program (ED:FETALM) (Relias) if new to service line before orientation completion (usually 90 days). No renewal date.
- Completion of Intermediate AWHONN Fetal Monitoring Program (ED:AWOHNN) within 6 months of employment. No renewal date.
- Case studies as required through OBHRU.
- Basic computer skills required.
It is the policy of the Facility to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment on the basis any legally protected characteristics such as race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 and over or as otherwise defined by applicable law), disability or genetic information (including family medical history) or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State, or local law. For purposes of this policy, race includes traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair type, texture, length and protective hairstyles (including but not limited to, braids, locks, twists, Bantu knots, hair coverings, etc.). If certain workspaces require such restrictions for health and safety reasons, non-discriminatory accommodations should be considered and implemented if feasible. Notice
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by contacting us at: or 1-800-852-3449.