REPORTS TO: Principal/Nursing Supervisor
SALARY: RN Substitute salary schedule
WORK SCHEDULE: To be arranged with the Principal and the Nursing Supervisor of Nursing (In accordance with contract
1. Assess and evaluates students health pertinent family history and home factors, counsel students, parents and school personnel about health problems and issues.
2. Maintain a health records, conduct, require research and evaluate school health programs.
3. Notify appropriate individuals of immediate and potential health related problems.
4. Coordinate health resources of school, home, community and allied health agencies/hospitals by making necessary arrangements, maintaining records, notifying and counseling students, parents/guardians and health personnel
5. Prepares regular written reports for supervisor, MDPH and other relevant agencies
6. Develops an individual health care plan as needed and coordinates with the other providers and school personnel
7. Documents pertinent information in student records according to the Standards of Practice
8. Provides emergency care for all students on school premises in the event of injury or sudden illness
9. Medication administration to students with parent/guardian and physician consent
10. Perform site mandated screenings in vision, hearing, scoliosis, TB testing and other health related activities as deemed appropriate by state and city departments of public health
11. Provide information about health and disease prevention in cooperation with health education programs as requested by administrators
12. Participates in school health related activities as deemed appropriate for school nurse by principal/supervisor
13. Acts as a resource in health education to students and families
14. Initiate, promote, maintain and implement programs for the recognition, prevent and control of disease, including giving immunizations.
15. Collaborate with staff in school and health centers.
16. Sport Physical clearance coverage as needed.
Must have a current valid, license to practice as a Nurse in Massachusetts.
Have three years of responsible professional experience in school nursing or a related field preferred.
Current certification in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation