Substitute/Nurse Date Posted:
All Sites Closing Date:
11/19/2023 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- RN or LPN license for the state of Missouri required
- First aid and CPR/AED training required
- School nursing, pediatrics or community health experience preferred
For a complete listing of job responsibilities and fitness for duty requirements, see our School Nurse Job Description at www.mvr3.k12.mo.usTERMS:
- Assume responsibility for appropriate health assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, management, and/or referral activities for the school community.
- Serve as a direct link with families, their physicians, and community agencies to assure access and continuity of health care of students.
- Provide relevant instructions, counseling, and guidance to students, parents, and others concerning health related issues.
- Uphold professional school nurse standards (State Nurse Practice Act, other state and local standards, state regulations applicable to school nursing practice, and standards of professional school nursing organizations.)
- Perform necessary nursing activities as outlined in the Missouri State Manual for School Health Programs.
- Follow state guidelines in regards to annual screening programs, emergency care and first aid, medication administration, blood borne pathogens, special health care needs, and allergy prevention and response.
- Provide surveillance of immunization records and prepare CD-31 report for school district in compliance with current state law.
- Follow and advise building staff on universal precautions and OSHA guidelines.
- Assist in identifying and reporting suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Perform nursing care for children with special health care needs as ordered by physician.
- Maintain cumulative health records and reports necessary to carry out activities of the school health program.
- Report regularly to District Health Coordinator on identified health concerns.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of the health room to include inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Take and record symptoms presented by the students and vital signs when deemed necessary.
- Attend regular staff meeting and conferences regarding health services and health curriculum.
- Provide in-service for individual building health issues.
- Follow Physicians Standing Orders.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
$21.79/RN or $16.72/LPN per hour EFFECTIVE:
Immediately SCREENING TO BEGIN:
Immediately; open until filled CLASSIFICATION:
Recommendation to be given at December 2023, Board of Education meeting.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION: The Meramec Valley R-III School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law in the admission, access to, treatment, and employment in its programs, services and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning Meramec Valley R-III School District's compliance with nondiscrimination laws is directed to contact Mr. Tom Sauvage, Assistant Superintendent, at 126 North Payne Street, Pacific, MO 63069, (636-271-1400).
An Equal Opportunity Employer