The Department of Biomedical Sciences in the recently established University of Houston Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine invites applications for an open rank clinical faculty position in the field of Anatomy. This faculty member is expected to support the design and delivery of anatomy content in an integrated, cross-disciplinary, active learning-based curriculum. Applicants must have a doctoral level degree with outstanding credentials in teaching anatomy in an undergraduate medical education program or in a health professions educational setting in the United States. Currently, all faculty appointments in the College of Medicine are non-tenure track. The College of Medicine anticipates being able to make tenure track positions available for application by existing faculty in the future. The University of Houston is a comprehensive, Carnegie Tier 1 public research university located in a park-like campus that is close to the Texas Medical Center and major energy companies, with over 45,000 students distributed across 15 different colleges including Nursing, Pharmacy, Optometry and Social Work. As a location, Houston is the fourth largest city in the United States that has first-rate recreational opportunities, excellent schools, and affordable housing.Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching interests and experience, recent students' evaluations of the applicant's teaching (if available), research interests, and names and contact information of three professional references through the University of Houston's Human Resources jobs portal. Primary Responsibilities:
• Teaching medical anatomy and either clinical embryology or histology
• Maintaining the gross anatomy laboratory up to State Anatomical Board standards
• Pursuing research and produce scholarly works
• Holding membership on COM and University committees
• Participating in accreditation activities
• Developing and delivering a horizontally and vertically integrated pre-clerkship curriculum
• Supervising student's scholarly projects
• Participating in the interview and selection process of College of Medicine (COM) faculty and studentsFull-Time: 1 FTERank and Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• Doctoral degree M.D., DO, or Ph.D., in anatomy or related discipline
• Minimum of 5 years teaching experience for Associate professors; familiarity with anatomy dissection laboratory instruction.
• Evidence of scholarly experience and productivity for Associate Professors
• Commitment to innovative approaches to education and learning
• Excellent written and verbal communication skillsPreferred Qualifications:
• Experience in the areas of teaching integrated medical anatomy, and administrative responsibilities within an academic environment.
• Experience using different teaching methods which might include case-based learning, 'flipped classroom', problem-based learning (PBL), interactive large group presentation, audience response systems, curriculum delivery systems and proficiency in exam item writing.
• Experience with student mentoring and advising
• Experience with curricular and instructional design
Organization: H0622 Biomedical Sciences
Employee Status: Regular/Benefits
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2023, 9:59:21 AM