Apply for JobJob ID353280
Employee ClassInstr Fac/TC and Coord Cmp
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this Job
About the Job
The University of Minnesota is searching for a full-time faculty member to add to our section of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Responsibilities will include performing the full spectrum of interventional radiology procedures including vascular access, biopsy, oncologic, hepatobiliary and portal interventions, transplant interventions, dialysis, treatment of pulmonary embolism including an active PERT team, non-vascular procedures, venous, PAE, PAD, women's interventions, and non-invasive imaging.
The University of Minnesota Department of Interventional Radiology boasts a long history of innovation in the field by pioneers in the specialty including Dr. Kurt Amplatz. We are actively involved in several multicenter trials. Our team's top focus is to provide the highest quality, evidence-based patient care.
Educational responsibilities will include teaching at all levels within a large academic center, including medical students, IR/DR residents and fellow training. Faculty members have dedicated academic time with opportunities available to develop research and clinical interests in collaboration with the Department of Radiology in addition to other clinical divisions.
Prior to the start of employment qualified individuals must: 1) be American Board of Radiology certified or eligible, 2) have completed a vascular /interventional radiology fellowship or IR/DR residency, preferably fellow level, and 3) be eligible for medical license in the state of Minnesota.
Assessment of applications will consider applicants with a Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in Vascular Interventional Radiology or IR/DR Certification. The start date is negotiable, and the position will remain open until filled.. Both clinically focused and academic track applicants will be considered. Academic rank, compensation and appointment type will be based on qualifications and experience.
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training and degree-seeking programs supported by the
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling at no costPlease visit the for more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach -
- cover letter
- a one page career goal statement
- the name and contact information for three referencesAdditional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.This position will remain open until filled.To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.