Assistant Professor - Physics
Job Department/School College of Arts and Sciences
FT/PT/Temp Full time
Location Garden City, N.Y.
Apply Now (https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=3021)
Assistant Professor - Tenure Track
College of Arts and Sciences
The Physics Department at Adelphi University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning Fall 2024. The successful candidate will be joining a program that is deeply committed to engaging undergraduate students in high-impact educational experiences through teaching, research, and mentoring. We will begin reviewing applications on January 1, 2024 and will continue until the position is filled. This position is subject to the final approval of the Board of Trustees at its March 2024 meeting or later.
- Candidates will be expected to teach a range of undergraduate physics courses.
- Develop and maintain an active research program that involves Adelphi undergraduate students.
- Engage with the community at-large (e.g., work with our industry partners, develop high-school outreach programs, etc).
- Lead and mentor STEM students at Adelphi University.
- Engage in service at various levels including at Adelphi and professionally.
- Candidates for this Assistant Professor Tenure-track position must have a PhD in Physics (or a closely related field) and will begin teaching no later than the Fall 2024 semester. Postdoctoral experience is preferred.
- Candidates from all areas of physics (and closely related fields) will be considered. The ideal candidate will be someone who can lead a successful research group that involves undergraduate students.
- Experience interacting with diverse populations and/or students of color.
- In order to apply, applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statements of teaching and research interests, selected reprints/preprints, and teaching evaluation forms.
- Additionally, three (3) letters of recommendation should be submitted to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Questions should be forwarded to Professor Matthew Wright at email@example.com
- To be considered, applications must be submitted through the Adelphi website at https://www.adelphi.edu/hr/open-positions/ .
In compliance with New York's Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $77,000 - $78,500. Adelphi University considers factors such as departmental budgets, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer. The above hiring range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Adelphi University provides a comprehensive benefit package for faculty and staff employees. For a list of benefits provided to employees, please click here (http://hr.adelphi.edu/benefits/faculty/#xd_co_f=MDU1M2U0NjQtNjNhMi00NjI5LWI0ZGEtMGE1ZTg3ZmEzNzVh~) .
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four-Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College byU.S. News & World Report,Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
The Adelphi Department of Physics boosts a successful mid-sized physics department that averages about 60 students at any given time. The department's primary focus is on the development of undergraduate students that are in our program.
The department has an applied physics, optics focus that propels undergraduates into a range of careers including electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, optics, and physics. Many of our undergraduate students participate in joint physics-engineering programs with our partner universities.
For additional information about our program please visit: https://www.adelphi.edu/program/undergraduate/physics .
COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES::
The College of Arts and Sciences at Adelphi University is a community of educators, learners and creators committed to advancing the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility, global citizenship and sustainability. These principles enrich our community, promote meaningful relationships, enhance our experiences, allow us to prioritize care for those most vulnerable and improve the long-term well-being of all. This mission drives the College of Arts and Sciences to meaningfully engage and center members of communities that have been historically, institutionally and systemically silenced and oppressed. We further support and champion initiatives, activities, discussions and practices in scholarship, creative work, teaching and service at the University and in the broader community that apply, critique, challenge and improve upon these principles in praxis. We strive to create a more socially just institution, society and world.
Back (https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/searchResults?org=ADELPHI&cws=43) Share
- Apply Now (https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=3021)
Adelphi University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all candidates, including people of color and those who are, or identify as, members of any marginalized, underserved or underrepresented group. Adelphi is an emerging Hispanic serving institution so bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Here is our University statement on diversity: https://www.adelphi.edu/diversity-equity-inclusion/about/.