Support Staff/School Nurse Date Posted:
District Wide Date Available:
12/01/2023 Closing Date:
11/24/2023 School NurseQUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- New Jersey Department of Education Standard School Nurse Certificate.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited 4-year college/university.
- NJ Registered Nurse License.
- CPR & AED certified.
- Experience working in a public-school setting and experience with special education students preferred.
To provide a safe and healthy school environment that ensures the well-being of students, staff, and visitors. The School Nurse will address the physical, mental, and emotional needs of students, offering timely and professional care. They will work in collaboration with educators, administrators, parents, medical professionals, and other school community members to promote overall student health, support educational success, and enhance the well-being of the entire school community.BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide nursing services at all public schools ranging from elementary to high school
- Provide specialized care and attention to students who require individualized healthcare services as assigned by the building principal, supervisors, or designee.
- Ensure compliance with national and local health agencies
- Conduct health screenings as designated by state regulations, i.e., vision, hearing, blood pressure, scoliosis, height, and weight
- Develop and maintain health plans for students with chronic illnesses and specialized healthcare needs
- Coordinate and communicate health care information between students, staff, family, and medical professional(s)
- Observes students on a regular basis to identify health needs
- Maintains up to date cumulative health records for all students
- Communicate with parents, staff, physicians, clinics, and other agencies on student health matters
- Assume authority, in the absence of a physician, for the care of a student or staff member who has suffered an injury or emergency illness
- Submits data and reports to state agencies related to immunizations
- Advises administration on policy regarding exclusion and re-admission of students in connection with immunizations and infectious/contagious diseases
- Maintains accurate records of all nursing care provided
- Participate in health and safety in service training programs
- Assist school personnel in maintaining sanitary standards in schools
- Perform other duties as assigned by the building principal, supervisors, or designee.
Director of Athletics & Supervisor of Special Education or as designated by SuperintendentSALARY AND EMPLOYMENT Salary Range:
Current starting salary range $61,000 - $68,510 as per the 2023-2026 SEA ContractEmployment Period:
2023-2024 School YearHOW TO APPLY The Secaucus Board of Education only accepts electronic applications.
Please apply online at www.sboe.org. OPENING DATE: October 2, 2023 CLOSING DATE: Until FilledTHE SECAUCUS BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER