The Visiting Nurse Association is currently seeking a detail oriented, self-motivated RN who enjoys making a difference in the lives of others for our Public Health Nurse Maternal Child position.
This employee will provide home visitation in Pottawattamie County, Iowa, to prenatal clients and families with infants or young children who are facing challenges in health, social or parenting concerns and can gain self-sufficiency through education, support and referral provided by the nurse. This employee should be skilled at working with an interdisciplinary team of nurses and other social services professionals. This employee will receive certification in the international early childhood curriculum "Growing Great Kids™" while employed in this program.
Typical duties include:
• Working with an interdisciplinary team to assess family needs and develop a plan of care in collaboration with the family, team members, physician and other community agencies
• Providing skilled nursing assessments of the health status of parents and children
• Providing education to parents on a wide spectrum of health, child development and parenting issues in one on one and group settings
• Understanding and appropriately using the resources of the community, including compliance with mandatory reporter laws for children at risk
• Participating in community coalitions to promote maternal child health
- Active Iowa or other RN licensure in a compact state
- Current Certified Basic Life Support
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN required
- 2 years maternal child nursing experience, in a home or hospital setting
- Valid Driver's License and Auto Insurance coverage
- Must have your own reliable transportation
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required