Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Human Resources Important Applications Instructions: Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/ license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted. Job Requisition ID:
R00032893 Job Category:
Health System Organization:
Children's Cath Lab Location/s:
Main Campus Jackson Job Title:
RN II CVS PRN - Children's Cath Lab Job Summary:
To provide quality nursing care through application of the nursing process and established guidelines for nursing practices. Specializes and assists in the care of patient undergoing diagnosis and interventional cardiovascular procedures, including cardiac. Catheterization, angioplasties and the insertion of pacemakers. This job profile may require call subject to the department's discretion. Education & Experience
Must be licensed as RN for one (1) year. Two (2) years of RNexperience in specified area preferred. BSN preferred. Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required:
Valid RN license, ACLS and/or PALS required, can be obtained within the first ninety (90) days in the position. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of clinical nursing care procedures and protocols. Verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills. Knowledge and understanding of computer systems, tools and programs. Ability to work in a team environment. Must possess technical skills required to handle catheters, wires, etc, while maintaining aseptic technique within sterile field. Must maintain clinical competency in routine circulating and scrub duties according to AORN standards and established policies and procedures of cardiovascular services. Responsibilities
Physical and Environmental Demands
- Provides direct patient care for pediatric through geriatric patients undergoing invasive cardiac/vascular procedures and for patients in critical, life threatening, emergency situations. Assists in the efficient operations of the procedural and post-procedural areas optimizing the use of resources to maximize productivity and minimize costs.
- Utilizes equipment unique to cardiovascular services, including intravascular ultrasound, angiojet, fractional flow reserve, cryocath, rotational ahtrectomy, and site rite ultrasound systems, balloon pumps, and radio frequency ablation used during the care of patients.
- Documents, observes and, communicates patient's social, clinical, demographic, and hemodynamic information in the pre, intra, and post procedure areas for diagnostic and interventional cases. Compiles and disseminates appropriate patient medical information. Analyzes and interprets EKG tracings and notes changes.
- Maintains sterile field and aseptic technique during intra-procedure diagnostic and interventional cases. Assembles the necessary supplies and equipment for scheduled and emergency procedures in a timely manner. Assists the physician with the use of instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Documents the administration of procedural sedation. Serves as a preceptor for procedural sedation for other registered nurses throughout the adult and pediatric services. Participates in procedural sedation committee meetings.
- Verifies the accuracy of "point of care" lab equipment through the utilization of pre-established quality controls. Checks all emergency equipment, including biphasic defibrillator, crash cart, and temporary pacemaker generator. Maintains knowledge of supply location, care, and use for the cardiac/vascular area. Managers supply inventory levels and communicates supply usage and needs to the heart station buyer.
- Reports appropriate patient information according to the hospital policy and procedure upon patient transfer to the next level of care.
- Participates in annual radiation safety competency evaluation and annual inspections, complies with hospital radiation safety practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires constant handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, constant exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, constant working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, constant activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, constant bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, constant crouching/stooping, occasional kneeling, constant pushing/pulling, constant reaching, occasional sitting, constant standing, occasional twisting, and constant walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more) Time Type:
Part time FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
No Pay Class:
Hourly FTE %:
10 Work Shift:Benefits Eligibility:Job Posting Date:
11/9/2023 Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):