Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Medical City McKinney our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) RN Labor and Delivery to join our healthcare family.
Medical City McKinney, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Medical City McKinney, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life - for life - and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN Labor and Delivery opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications*This is a Full Time Night position, 7:00pm - 7:00am rotating weekends *
Our Labor & Delivery Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. We're experts in serving the complex needs of moms and newborns, delivering world-class, innovative care. We provide spacious rooms that are equipped with all the comfort and various thoughtful amenities, for expectant mothers. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.What you will do in this role:
What Qualifications you will need in this role:
- Perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient, following standards of care and disease specific protocols.
- Plan, implement and evaluate Antepartum patient care plans to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
- Provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN's scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
- Provide education and emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance and incorporate patient/family teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
- You will be familiar with vaginal and C-section births, fetal monitoring and provide care to patients who have received various forms of anesthesia.
- Promote an environment that treats patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion and culture
- Maintain quality, age specific care for newborn, pediatric, adolescent and adult patients as assigned
- Proactively advocate for patients and consistently educate patients/families throughout the continuum of care
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, Associate's Degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2 years of recent Labor & Delivery nursing experience required
- Current RN licensure by the State of TX or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence required
- BLS required, issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- ACLS required, issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Neonate Resuscitate must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- AWHOHN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring required within 1 year of hire
- Scrub experience a plus
Medical City McKinney opened its doors more than 90 years ago. We are a 285+ bed acute care hospital. We serve the residents of McKinney and northern Collin County. Our main campus is a Level III Trauma Center. We provide emergency services at our main campus and at Medical City ER Stonebridge. We have cardiovascular and neurological services. We offer general surgery, orthopedics and women's services. Additionally, a Level II neonatal intensive care unit and behavioral health services. Medical City McKinney is a Primary Stroke Center. We are also a stroke rehabilitation center. We are certified by The Joint Commission for total hip and total knee replacement. We are a part of the Medical City network of hospitals. Patients are ensured access to medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Labor and Delivery opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.