Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Medical City Weatherford we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN Labor and Delivery - PRN Seasonal and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Program Runs from Aug 27th, 2023 to April 6th, 2024.Shift:
Medical City Weatherford, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN Labor and Delivery - PRN Seasonal opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Our Labor and Delivery Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. Our 24-bed, L&D is a Maternal Level III Trauma center is staffed with experts in serving the complex needs of moms and newborns, delivering world-class, and innovative care. Our Labor and Delivery unit, provides spacious rooms that are equipped with comfort and various thoughtful amenities, for expectant mothers. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. What You Will Do In This Role:
- You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient, following standards of care and disease specific protocols.
- You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN's scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
- You will provide education and emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance and incorporate patient/family teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
- You will be familiar with vaginal and C-section births, fetal monitoring and provide care for patients who receive various types of anesthesia.
- You will demonstrate expertise in providing care for patient during PACU period as well as newborn care first two hours of life.
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Neonate Resuscitate must be obtained within 60 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Associate Degree
- 1-year of acute care nursing experience in specialty area
- All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
- Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
- Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period.
- During the course of the 32-week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
- Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There are no guaranteed hours by the hospital.
Medical City Weatherford is a 100+ bed acute-care hospital. We serve Parker County and surrounding communities. Our medical staff represents 30+ medical specialties. Our health care services include inpatient and outpatient care, medical-surgical and emergency care. We are a designated Comprehensive (Level II) Stroke Facility and Level IV Trauma Center. Our hospital is a Level I Neonatal Facility, and a Chest Pain-Accredited facility. Our facility has received many awards and recognition. We received the Press Ganey Summit Award and The Joint Commission's Top Performer in Key Quality Measures. We are honored to have The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval. We are a part of the Medical City network of hospitals. Patients are ensured access to medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN Labor and Delivery - PRN Seasonal opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.