We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical City Lewisville which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Medical City Lewisville, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location. SEASONAL STAFF PROGRAM [Runs through April 6, 2024]
Must have two (2) years of current acute care RN experience in the specialty area for which you are applying. Pay Rate: $66.00/hour plus applicable differentialsProgram Requirements•
All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
• Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
• Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4-week schedule period.
• During the course of the 32-week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
• Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
• Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
• All seasonal RNs will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
• Current FT, PT, and PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2023-24 with the exception of RNs that participated in the Seasonal program in the previous year.
• Current employees of HWS are not eligible for the seasonal program.
• Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
Job Summary and QualificationsLABOR AND DELIVERY UNIT REGISTERED NURSE - SEASONAL PRN STATUS WITH A FULL-TIME SCHEDULE [NIGHT SHIFT 7P - 7A]
Our Labor & Delivery RNs raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.What you will do in this role:
What qualifications you will need:
- Provide care to antepartum patients and assist with vaginal deliveries and recovery
- Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care
- Perform necessary technical skills as delineated through education, expertise, and unit requirements
- Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
- ADN required / BSN preferred
- Texas RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Current NRP required
- Must have at least two (2) years of Labor & Delivery RN experience in an acute care hospital
Medical City Lewisville is a full-service 190+ bed medical and surgical facility. We offer a broad spectrum of care to the communities of southern Denton County. We have emergency services at our main campus and at Medical City ER Flower Mound. Our patient tower has two floors dedicated to women's services. We have a specialty obstetrics referral center for high risk OB services. We have a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Medical City Lewisville is a Level III Trauma Center and a Primary Stroke Center. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We have over 360 physicians and 800 healthcare associates. We offer a supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative medicines . This allows us to treat our patients with the highest quality health care in a comfortable setting. We are a part of the Medical City network of hospitals and specialists. Our patients are ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse Seasonal PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status