Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) RN Float Pool II EPOD PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical City Healthcare which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Medical City Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) RN Float Pool II EPOD PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Registered Nurse delivers professional nursing care to population specific patients in the Labor & Delivery and Antepartum Units. Follows the Board of Nursing's (BON) Standards of Nursing Practice utilizing the nursing process in care delivery. Maintains accountability for professional decisions and actions within the parameters of their legal scope of practice and in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws; rules and regulations; and policies, procedures and guidelines of Medical City Healthcare (MCH).
L&D PRN II pay is $58.00 per hour, 4 shifts per pay period.What You Will Do In This Role
What Qualifications You Will Need
- Responsible for delivery of professional nursing care and treatment of the adolescent and adult OB patients; performs nursing assessments/ care plan/ implementation of treatment/ evaluation of treatment/ and discharge planning.
- Document nursing care in compliance with policies procedures and practices established by the Nursing Department and the hospitals.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Responsible for care of patients in the antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum period.
- Triage OBED pregnant patients adhering to Medical Screening exam guidelines.
- Fetal strip interpretation using external and internal monitoring methods.
- Management of High Risk OB patients including by not limited to: preterm labor, PIH, preeclampsia/eclampsia, gestational diabetes, placenta previa, placenta abruption, and PPH.
- Provides IV therapy management and performs venipuncture as needed for lab draws per physician orders.
- Administers medications, blood and blood products.
- Management of Laboring Patients
- Management of Inductions of Labor (Misoprostil, Pitocin)
- Management of Vaginal Deliveries
- Management of Cesarean Deliveries (Circulate)
- Scrub Cesarean Deliveries, if trained
- Management of Neonatal Loss patients.
- Effective pain management.
- Provision of patient teaching and education related to specific OB Conditions.
- Provision of emotional support for patients and families based on the assessments of their coping skills.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Intermediate Fetal Monitoring must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Neonate Resuscitate must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelors Degree, or Associate Degree
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region's largest, most comprehensive health care providers. Medical City Healthcare includes 14+ hospitals, 7+ off-campus emergency rooms, more than 50+ ambulatory sites. We have more than 7,000 active physicians and 15,000 employees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our RN Float Pool II EPOD PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status