Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) RN Float Pool Cardiac Cath Lab - PRN II - WPOD you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical City Healthcare which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Schedule:
4 (12 hours) shifts per pay period. On-call is required.Base Rate:
Medical City Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Medical City Healthcare!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Our Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. As part of our elite RN Resource Float Pool, you will be lending your knowledge and experience to Cath Lab departments within Medical City hospitals. Under general supervision, the Cath Lab RN assists with all diagnostic and interventional procedures in the Cath and specials labs as monitor or circulator, provides individual nursing care, administers medication, starts IV's, operates equipment as needed, prepares patients for examination, documents appropriate information, interacts with patients and physicians, assists with orientation/education of all new Cath Lab employees, assists with maintenance of staff competency checks and scheduling of in-services, assists with performance improvement, performs related duties as assigned.. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that cares like family. What You Will Do In This Role:
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Monitor or circulator on all diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- You will be a resource for our Medical City hospitals in the West Pod: Alliance, Arlington, Fort Worth, Las Colinas, North Hills, and Weatherford.
- You will be at your assigned hospital for a duration of 12 weeks at a time.
What qualifications you will need:
- Must have at least 18 months of experience in an acute care hospital and 1 year in relevant specialty.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Registered Nurse
- Associate Degree
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region's largest, most comprehensive health care providers. Medical City Healthcare includes 14+ hospitals, 7+ off-campus emergency rooms, more than 50+ ambulatory sites. We have more than 7,000 active physicians and 15,000 employees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our RN Float Pool Cardiac Cath Lab - PRN II - WPOD opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.