Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Medical City Plano our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
Medical City Plano, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Medical City Plano, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life - for life - and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse opportunity.
Job Summary and QualificationsRegistered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab Full-time Days / Rotating Call Required
Our Cardiac Cath Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. We provide comprehensive cardiology services with a specialized focus on heart diagnostic testing. We prioritize early detection and treatment of heart disease, which is why we offer advanced technology to provide you with accurate and quick results of your heart's condition. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.What You Will Do In This Role
What Qualifications You Will Need
- You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient, following standards of care and disease specific protocols.
- You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
- You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN's scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
- You will provide education and emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance and incorporate patient/family teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
- You will supervise invasive cardiac and peripheral procedures as to adherence to aseptic and sterile technique.
- ADN required and BSN preferred
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Providers issued by either the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Must have at least one (1) year RN experience in an acute care hospital
- Cath Lab or Interventional Radiology experience is highly preferred
- 3 years of critical care experience is preferred
Medical City Plano opened in 1975 and provides Plano and Collin County with advanced health care. Medical City Plano is a 600+ bed acute care hospital. We have more than 2,000 employees and over 1,400 physicians on staff. Our main campus in Plano has a cancer treatment center and cardiovascular programs. We have The Bariatric Surgery Institute, a Wound Care Center and inpatient rehabilitation. We also offer complete women's and children's services. This includes a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 neonatal intensive-care unit. We were the first hospital in Dallas, Collin or Denton counties to be named a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Texas Department of State Health Services. Medical City Plano was the first Level I Trauma Center in Collin County and The Burn & Reconstructive Center of Texas was the first burn center in Collin County. As a part of the Medical City network of hospitals and specialists, patients are ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.