Student-centricity is what defines us! West Coast University's DPT Program was reaccredited for 10 years by CAPTE in November 2022 and we are excited to add to our group of committed faculty. WCU's Center for Graduate Studies is in the heart of Los Angeles with views of the Hollywood Sign! Reporting directly to the Dean and/or Department Chair of the program, the faculty member supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals, provides program-specific expertise in NEUROLOGIC Physical Therapy, and is actively engaged in relevant department and professional initiatives. The ideal candidate is positioned to provide leadership and support with curricular restructuring, serve as an educator, role model, mentor, and facilitator, while facilitating student learning associated with course and program learning outcomes. WCU values an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and professional development while upholding a culture of academic integrity. Faculty actively and substantively participate in the assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for WCU's diverse student body to meet community health needs.
Education / Teaching:
- Participates in and contributes substantively to assessment activities of courses/curriculum and program via a continuous improvement plan as set forth by the University.
- Regularly contributes to improvement or upgrading of class materials and syllabi.
- Utilizes a variety of teaching methodologies to instruct students, always with intent to facilitate observable evidence of student fulfillment of prescribed learning outcomes.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching and the teaching/learning process and for individual students.
- Keeps regular office hours.
- Follows established University protocols for providing timely feedback and/or academic advising (i.e., Grades in Progress, student Letters of Concern, etc.).
- Engage in Department, University, and professional service
- Mentor and advise students
- Maintain a well-defined and ongoing scholarly agenda
- Mentor professional students participating in or collaborating with the faculty's scholarly agenda
- All faculty have 8 hours of paid release time for patient care and/or research
- Terminal academic doctorate preferred (PhD, EdD, DSc); will consider candidates with DPT + NCS + ABPTS Board Certification and ABD status in content areas of need.
- Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to specific subjects they will be teaching, or current clinical practice experience, or distance education techniques and delivery.
- At least three years of clinical experience required; teaching experience preferred.
- Must be licensed to practice physical therapy in California or be eligible to obtain licensure within 30 days of hire.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, and any accreditation body the University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents and any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- ABPTS Board Certified NCS preferred
Min $92,803 - Max $134, 518
#LI-AM1 About Us
Simply put, we put students first. That's why, for over 100 years, West Coast University has educated and prepared generations of students in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and online. In every part of our organization, we deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability. This is where students and associates alike earn every advantage they need to stay ahead of the curve. So, it should be no surprise that we've been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.