Medical City Arlington Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery Full -Time - Days (Rotating weekends) ** Sign - On Bonus of up to $20K may be available to qualified candidates ** Introduction
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery today with Medical City Arlington.
Medical City Arlington, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Labor and Delivery RN will deliver professional nursing care to all patients in Fetal Diagnostic Center and Labor and Delivery. Performs assessment and acuity assignment; follows standard of care utilizing Nursing Process in delivery of care; maintains accountability for professional decisions and actions. Daily assignment of an RN may include supervision of other nursing personnel and/or students. The Registered Nurse performs all services as they may relate to patient care/treatment with consideration for age/condition of patient. What you will do in this role:
What Qualifications you will need in this role:
- Perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient, following standards of care and disease specific protocols.
- Plan, implement and evaluate Antepartum patient care plans to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
- Provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN's scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
- Provide education and emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance and incorporate patient/family teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
- You will be familiar with vaginal and C-section births, fetal monitoring and provide care to patients who have received various forms of anesthesia.
- Promote an environment that treats patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion and culture
- Maintain quality, age specific care for newborn, pediatric, adolescent and adult patients as assigned
- Proactively advocate for patients and consistently educate patients/families throughout the continuum of care
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, Associate's Degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2 years of recent Labor & Delivery nursing experience required
- Current RN licensure by the State of TX or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence required
- BLS required, issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- ACLS required, issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Neonate Resuscitate must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- AWHOHN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring required within 1 year of hire
- Scrub experience a plus
Medical City Arlington is a 435+ bed full-service hospital located in south Arlington. Our services include heart & vascular, brain & spine, emergency and trauma care. We have cancer care, orthopedics, surgical and women's services for our patients. Our women's complex has combined clinical excellence with thoughtful amenities including luxury maternity suites and personalized delivery methods. Our culture is what sets us apart. We have formed a team that works together with purpose. We focus on delivering high-quality care in an environment filled with safety and compassion. Our team consists of over 1,400 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare colleagues. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort Worth healthcare. We have nearly 700 skilled physicians that represent a wide variety of medical specialties. We are the official hospital of the Texas Rangers. We form a team that focuses on high-quality care in an environment filled with compassion and service. As a part of the Medical City network of hospitals and specialists, patients are ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.