Description Coordinates multi-facility elective or urgentadmissions, and transfers within the UCLA Health System, under the supervisionof the ANIII and Director of Patient Placement . Excellent communication skillsin collaborating with referring and accepting Physicians, Executive Management,Patient and Guest Services and hospital support systems. Develop expertise inworking with the automated UCLA CareConnect EPIC EHR bed management system.Works collaboratively in the organization with management and Nursingleadership to create a systematic approach to bed management that creates apositive patient experience. Develops a working relationship with the leadstaffer to and assists in prospective staffing needs based on scheduled as wellas anticipated needs for each service.
Salary range: $63.87-$92.79 Hourly Qualifications We're seeking ahighly-skilled, self-motivated nursing professional with:
* BSN or MSN required.
* 5 years of acute care nursing experiencerequired.
* CA RN license required
* BLS required
* Prefer candidate with clinical experience in the ICUsetting and administrative/management experience.
* Prior experience in Patient Placement is preferable.
* Prior Case Management experience is an asset.
* Expertise and knowledge to manage high census alerts,demonstrating the ability to problem solve and utilize critical thinking indecision making capacities.
* Ability to communicate effectively to with all members of amultidisciplinary team.
* Skills in triaging and prioritizing patient care needs whenworking to place a patient within the competency standards for each clinicalspecialty area and limitations of bed capacity.
* Able to work in a highly stimulating environment requiringflexibility and ability to work with changes that occur with frequency withinthe placement of patients.