Do you have a desire to work in an environment where you are helping others and changing lives? As an Instructor
at TSTC, you can help improve the quality of many lives by sharing your experience and skills with our students.
No prior experience as an instructor? No problem. We'll place you in a program that will introduce you to our curriculum and instructional methods that accommodate our students' learning styles-we're here to ensure your success. Chat with one of our recruiters about what TSTC can do to help in your transition by emailing us at email@example.com. What We Offer You:
TSTC Benefits TSTC Retirement Plans Employee Discount Program Job Description:
- More than just a job but the start of a rewarding and fulfilling career
- Supportive environment where employee growth and success are promoted and celebrated
- Paid vacation, sick time & paid holidays, including an extended holiday break
- You will enjoy the stability of the State of Texas' comprehensive health and retirement benefits, competitive wages, State of Texas employee discounts, and much, much more. Follow the links below for additional details:
The LVN Instructor is responsible for performing all aspects of instruction for assigned program to include, but not limited to, implementing, revising, and evaluating assigned program area curriculum; utilizing all resources available to innovate and to change to meet evolving program and industry needs. The technical instructor provides up-to-date skills training and instruction to meet the learning needs of students.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN & ASSESSMENT: Develop revise, and continually update a relevant and progressive curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with college standards. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
- INSTRUCTIONAL DELIVERY: Prepare and deliver high quality instruction and facilitate the learning of students. Develops appropriate course syllabi and instructional plans, and organize daily classes utilizing a variety of creative/innovative techniques.
INSTRUCTIONAL MANAGEMENT: Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
STUDENT SUCCESS: (Retention & Placement): Performs student advisement such that students are provided with timely, accurate, and comprehensive information regarding career choices, career preparations, job opportunities, and other needed occupational information.
PROGRAM RECRUITMENT & PROMOTION: Participate in related tours and recruitment events. Assist in department/program planning for recruitment. Utilize program vitality data and evidence based practices to manage enrollment and meet department goals.
Demonstrate a willingness to be of service and exhibits pleasant and courteous behavior toward customers (students, parents, employers, and media), organizational co-workers, and other general public contacts.
Support all three product lines of TSTC (For credit programs, Non-credit/Workforce Training, and Dual Enrollment.)
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science Nursing degree required.
- 3-5 years of relative experience
- State of Texas Registered License (active and in good standing)
- BLS from the American Heart Association
- Demonstrated competency in the Nursing field.
- Demonstrate competency with use of technology that supports learning and teaching; Maintains a flexible schedule, including availability for evening, weekend, or summer assignment, as appropriate; Able to work effectively in a team environment; commitment to the mission, vision.
- This job description covers a position in which the percentage of time spent on the essential functions will vary based on the workload and will ultimately be determined by the supervisor.
Texas State Technical College (TSTC), as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. TSTC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions. Employment Eligibility Verification
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment at TSTC. Background Checks
A criminal history background check will be required for the finalist(s) under consideration for this position. After you complete your application, please send your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.