Division: Pediatrics (80001016)
Department: Pediatrics - Diabetes and Endocrinology (90002431)
Employment Duration: Full-time
Internal Title: Academic rank commenurate with qualifications and experience. Summary
Seeking Advanced Practice Provider to join the faculty of Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology division at Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital.
Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is an internationally respected medical and research institution known for excellence in education, research, and patient care. For 2022, U.S. News & World Report ranked BCM as one of the top 25 medical schools for research.
Texas Children's Hospital is an internationally recognized full-care pediatric hospital located in Houston. The largest children's hospital in the U.S. and an Honor Roll children's hospital currently ranked #2 in the nation by U.S. News and World Report (USNWR), Texas Children's provides the finest possible pediatric patient care, education, and research.
Our goal is to build a world-class clinical and research center to allow children with diabetes and endocrine disorders to live long healthy lives. We emphasize thoughtful and empowering care of children with diabetes and endocrine disorders. Only applicants with prior ambulatory experience or first-hand knowledge of pediatric diabetes will be considered. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Applicants must have an M.S.N. degree (or equivalent) or a P.A. degree. Job Purpose
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician. Job Duties
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Nurse Practitioner: Master's Degree in Nursing for Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (CPNP-AC)
- Physician Assistant: Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies. NOTE: Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant Studies accepted based on terminal degree requirements at time of graduation.
- Nurse Practitioner: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-AC), and specialty certification as required by department.
- Physician Assistant: Current license as a Physician Assistant by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board. Specialty certification as required by department or PANCE certification.
Experience Required: None Required
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated, subject to approved exemptions against vaccine- preventable diseases including, but not limited to COVID 19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.