Nestled in the heart of East Sacramento Dignity Health Mercy General Hospital is a 313 bed acute care facility that provides a wide range of services with special advocacy for the poor and underserved. Mercy General is home to the nationally ranked Alex G. Spanos Heart & Vascular Institute. Key achievements and recognitions include: from the Joint Commission; Advanced Joint Replacement Spine Center of Excellence Primary Stroke Center Ventricular Assist Device and Chest Pain Certification. Other accolades include CMS 5 stars Practice Green Health 2021 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Level 4 Epilepsy Center and Opioid Stewardship Honor Roll. Mercy General Hospital is proud to foster inclusion and diversity as part of our mission vision and values.
Responsibilities THIS JOB OFFERS BOTH AN INCENTIVE AND RELOCATION:
We are offering a $15,000 Sign On Bonus in addition to relocation to new hires who meet the eligibility requirements.
As our Cath Lab Nurse at Mercy General Hospital, you'll care for patients who may have life-threatening cardiac events or conditions.
You'll never have the same day twice as your patients' needs evolve. That's why you must be adaptable and detail-oriented, observing vitals and reporting the warning signs early to our multidisciplinary team of cardiologists, EKG techs, and other cardiovascular professionals.
Your success in this role comes from your enthusiasm to go the extra mile for your patients and your strong assessment skills. To further support your nursing career, we offer continuing education opportunities to help you advance your clinical nursing skills.
Mercy General is a 313 bed non-profit facility providing quality health care to patients and communities in and around Sacramento, California. We are part of CommonSpirit Health which operates 139 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states, making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S. residents.
If you are committed to social justice, health equity, and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us. Position Summary:
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Caring for patients pre, intra and post cardiac invasive procedures.
- Ensuring the safety of patients experiences sedation during and after procedures to prevent unexpected or adverse reactions.
- You will develop the skill set to manage very acute and complex cardiovascular patients
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in cardiac catheterization laboratory with demonstrated knowledge of cardiac rhythms, basic 12-lead ECG interpretation and cardiac hemodynamics
- Prefer 1 year critical care unit and or cardiac experience for a training position
- American Heart Association ACLS and BLS certifications
- Other certifications may be required