Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation's best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls "the most ambitious campus design program in the country."
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC's momentum has never been stronger. UC's annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion. Job Overview
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (COM) has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. In partnership with the UC Health academic healthcare system and Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, College of Medicine's faculty and providers are transforming the world of medicine every day. The Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation Medicine is a top-tier department with world-renowned faculty and staff. With world-class research, teaching and medical practice opportunities, why not choose the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine?
The College of Medicine, Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation Medicine, is seeking a full-time (100% FTE) Nurse Practitioner, specializing in evaluation and treatment of neurological diseases, particularly in the Neuro Critical Care inpatient setting. Weekend and Overnight coverage is required. Call coverage may also be required. The individual will provide patient/family education and will be expected to participate in teaching activities for students, residents and fellows.
This position will support the University's mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all our activities. Essential Functions
- Perform appropriate history and physical for complex, acute, critical, and chronically ill patients.
- Order and interpret diagnostic and therapeutic tests.
- Prescribe appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
- Monitor the effectiveness of interventions.
- Maintain accurate medical records.
- Collaborate with other providers and members of the health care team in delivery of care and make appropriate referrals when needed.
- Educate patients and families about medical conditions and treatment plans.
- Facilitate staff, patient, and family decision making using evidence-based practice.
- Participate in research and development projects.
- Participate in education of nurse practitioners, nurse practitioner students and medical students.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Master's Degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program. Required Trainings/Certifications
- Active Ohio APRN license with prescriptive authority.
- Active Board Certification in appropriate nursing specialty.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Three (3) years nursing experience.
- Additional related work experience may be required depending on specialty/sub-specialty.
Compensation and Benefits
- Sitting - Often
- Repetitive hand motion (such as typing) - Often
- Hearing, listening - Often
- Talking - Often
- Standing - Often
- Walking - Often
- Bending - Seldom
- Stooping - Seldom
- Kneeling, squatting - Seldom
- Reaching overhead - Seldom
- Pulling, pushing - Seldom
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion
statement. The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE Nurse Practitioner, Department of Neurology & Rehabilitation Medicine, Neurocritical Care
Date: Nov 9, 2023