The Clinical Curation Scientist supports quality assurance for outgoing patient reports specifically related to the interpretation of evidence-based oncology biomarkers for therapeutic decision-making. This role also participates in related projects or initiatives. Essential Duties
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the interpretation and analysis of identified variants from clinical samples.
- Support translation of novel biomarkers into clinical practice by surveying published literature as well as clinical trial data.
- Monitor clinical guidelines for validated target drug associations for personalized cancer care.
- Participate in the upkeep of biomarker archives and biomarker-specific evidence dossiers, as well as update the literature repository for continuous biomarker maintenance.
- Contribute to projects or initiatives in support of Exact Sciences' precision medicine efforts.
- Interact with external agencies in a positive, professional manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team orientation.
- Ability to explain concepts to diverse audiences.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and perform careful, detail-oriented work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of cancer genomics, signal transduction pathways, cancer cell biology, targeted therapeutics, and whole genome, exome, and/or RNA-sequencing.
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate and interpret scientific literature.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 75% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a computer and phone simultaneously.
- Ability to use a telephone through a headset.
- Ability to travel on an occasional basis away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Ph.D., M.D., D.O., or Pharm.D. in Human Genetics, Molecular Genetics, Genomics, Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, or related field.
- 3+ year(s) of experience with genomic medicine and translational cancer research.
- Proven record of scientific achievement (e.g., presentations, publications in peer-reviewed journals, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ph.D. in Molecular and Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, Cancer Biology, or related field.
- 1+ year(s) of relevant experience to include interpretation and approval of patient reports in a CLIA certified laboratory.
- Background in clinical data interpretation.
- Somatic and/or germline experience.
$105,000.00 - $168,000.00The annual base salary shown is for this position located in US - AZ - Phoenix on a full-time basis. In addition, this position is bonus eligible, and is eligible to receive company stock upon hire as well as annually. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms, conditions, and eligibility requirements of the applicable plans.
If you require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please email email@example.com.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
To view the Right to Work, E-Verify Employer, and Pay Transparency notices and Federal, Federal Contractor, and State employment law posters, refer to this link . These documents summarize important details of the law and provide key points that you have a right to know.
- Location: US - AZ - Phoenix
- Type: Full time