Boston, MA Category:
Faculty Posted On:
Tue Jul 18 2023 Job Description:
- Serve as the Program Director with the JRCERT for the Medical Radiography Program options at BHCC
- Teach within the Medical Radiography Program options
- Advise within the Medical Radiography Program options
- Collaborate and work with Admissions, Recruitment, and Lifemap in regards to admission requirements, recruitment, student orientation, and advising
- Monitor all enrolled students' progress through the Medical Radiography Program
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the Medical Radiography Program options' curriculum and delivery.
- Responsible for compliance with all JRCERT Accreditation Standards and maintenance of programmatic accreditation
- Represent the Medical Radiography Program with healthcare organizations.
- Orientation and training of faculty and staff specific to programmatic policies and outcomes
- Maintain expertise in area of teaching responsibility.
- Ensure the safe functioning of all Medical Radiography machines and equipment; maintain compliance with all Massachusetts's Department of Public Health regulations pertaining to operation of radiography machines/equipment.
- Actively participate and collaborate with faculty and staff within the Medical Imaging Department at BHCC
- Collaborate and work with the Dean and Assistant Dean of the Health Science Division regarding all aspects of the Medical Radiography program needs, assessment, and on-going operations.
- Responsible for all aspects of the MRI Certificate Program
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement
Additional Information:Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate with Education & Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining AgreementReview Date: open until filledApplicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position
- Master's Degree
- Proficient in curriculum design, evaluation, instruction, program administration and academic advising
- Three years clinical experience in Radiography at minimum; five years strongly preferred
- Two years' experience as an instructor in a JRCERT accredited program
- Holds current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and registration, or equivalent, in radiology.
- Valid Massachusetts license in Radiologic Technology (Radiography)
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and students required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing required.