Your New Company!
At Altasciences we all move in unison to assist and work in the discovery, development, and manufacturing of new drug therapies to get them faster to people who need them. No matter your role, we all play an important part and you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. By living our values of Employee Development, Customer Focus, Quality and Excellence, Respect and Integrity, we look to foster a passionate and collaborative work environment and we are looking for talented and enthusiastic people, like you, to join our growing team! Whether you're a recent college graduate or seeking your next career opportunity, it's time to discover your future at Altasciences. We are better together and together We Are Altasciences. About the Role
Altasciences is seeking either an early or mid-career Study Pathologist (Anatomic) to support preclinical toxicologic studies from one of our three preclinical testing sites located in Everett WA, Scranton PA, or Columbia MO. For both early and mid-career pathologists, we provide exceptional personalized training, mentoring and support by our experienced team of toxicologic pathologists composed of 7 anatomic pathologists and 2 clinical pathologists. Continuing education is strongly encouraged and supported. Options for hybrid and remote roles exist, and preference will be given to candidates located on the East coast or in Midwest locations.
What You'll Do Here
- Perform macroscopic and microscopic tissue evaluations and interpretation of assigned studies
- Assist with necropsy supervision and gross pathology interpretation. Guiding of personal staff for sample collection and technical development
- Write comprehensive report narratives detailing all test article effects
- Enter pathology findings in data capture system
- As needed, work with study directors to ensure data is accurately integrated into study reports
- Provide training, technical guidance and leadership to laboratory staff, pathology trainees, and less experienced pathologists
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge in toxicologic pathology
- May serve as principal investigator for contract pathology work, participate in pathology working group (PWG) as an observer and serve as a consultant in pathology-related issues
- May provide scientific expertise for experimental design and other aspects of research studies, as needed.
- Act as pathology representative for important sponsors
- Provide mentorship (internal reviews) on assigned studies to less experienced pathologists.
- Ability to build strong bonds with technicians to foster open, honest and candid communications
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a fast paced, changing environment.
What You'll Need to Succeed
What We Offer
- D.V.M. (or Equivalent as listed by AVMA ECFVG®) required
- MSc/MVSc and/or Ph. D. preferred
- Diplomate of ACVP, JCVP, ECVP or RCP strongly preferred
- 1-5 years of toxicologic pathology experience, preferable in a GLP environment.
- Experience with evaluation of special stains and IHC and/or specialty pathology expertise (ie, CNS, dermal, ocular, and/or carcinogenicity studies) is highly desirable
Altasciences offers a wide variety of benefits to help our employees live healthy and fulfilling lives both at and outside of work. Altasciences' Benefits Package Includes:
Altasciences' Incentive Programs Include:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k)/RRSP with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid Sick and Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance & Telehealth Programs
- Training & Development Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
#LI-BK1 MOVING IN UNISON TO DELIVER A BIG IMPACT WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH
Altasciences is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other protected grounds under applicable legislation. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process are available upon request. Join us at Altasciences! Other details
- Job Family Doctor
- Pay Type Salary