Job DescriptionInstruct college students in accordance with educational theories and techniques. Develops discipline related curricula, assess student learning, participates in program evaluation, college activities and serves on committees. Maintains college and department standards in support of the College's mission and strategic plan.
As a 168-day, tenure-track faculty member, you will be on track for a continuing contract. Faculty teach 45 points, maintain office hours, and college business hours that may include, but not limited to, serving on committees and work teams, meetings, and special projects.
Palm Beach State's tenure-track professors must successfully complete a five-year continuing contract earning process for continued employment.
Teaching assignment hours vary.Minimum Base Pay:
$50,000. All salary calculations start at the minimum salary and will be based on candidate's education and experience.Applications without attached copies of official transcripts or non-web based unofficial transcripts will not be considered.
Transcripts for Full time Faculty positions must either be an official copy or a college-stamped student copy or a non-web based unofficial transcript, scanned into an electronic format and attached to their application. Transcripts produced through web-based student systems will not be accepted.
- Doctoral degree in Health Administration, Health Services, Public Health, Nurse Administration, Health Care Management, or Nursing with health care industry licensing, and/or certifications.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekend, and on multiple campuses if needed.
- Occupational experience recognized, and teaching experience required.
- Ability to demonstrate the use of technology in the classroom; must be able to use the technology required for the assigned course. Coursework within the degree must reflect competencies in the courses to be taught.
- Must demonstrate cultural competency to engage and work with a diverse student and employee population.
For positions that require a college degree, Palm Beach State only recognizes degrees confirmed from institutions that are accredited by one of the seven regional accrediting organizations. To view a listing of the regionally accredited organizations, please visit the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Degrees from outside the United States must be validated by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). An evaluation report from an accrediting organization must be attached prior to the application closing date of each position. To view a listing of the current members of (NACES), please visit https://www.naces.org/members.
Employment InformationPlease review the following information in order to apply for a position at Palm Beach State College:
- Carefully review the minimum qualifications advertised for the available position as only applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be considered.
- Background Check/ Drug Screen may be required based on the specific requirements of the position for which the application is being submitted. Employment is contingent upon the passing of a drug test and upon completion of a criminal background investigation.
- An important goal of the Office of Human Resources is to respond to all applicants once a selection is made. Please take notice of the position closing date advertised. Whenever positions are filled, the Office of Human Resources responds to all applicants who have submitted applications.
This position is open until filled