Metro International Biotech, LLC (an EdenRoc Sciences company) is seeking a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join our company in the first quarter of 2024. Metro is a privately held therapeutics company, focused on the discovery and development of small molecule agents for modification of NAD metabolism.
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN WORCESTER, MA - THERE IS NO OFFER FOR RELOCATION AT THIS TIME.
The role will include both Process Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry, with priority depending on the immediate needs of our programs.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Bench scale chemistry (milligrams to grams),
- Organic compound synthetic route design,
- compound characterization, and
- SAR evaluation
The activities of this position also will include hands-on operation of reactors up to 100 L capacity in our newly equipped scale-up laboratory.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- MPLC and HPLC instrument use, upkeep, and method troubleshooting.
- Prior experience in operating kilo-lab reactors is desirable, but not required
- Accurate record-keeping and strong presentation skills are required, including the ability to communicate and transfer synthetic and analytical chemistry procedures to outside organizations.
Candidates with a Ph.D. in organic chemistry and 1-5 years of industrial experience will be considered.
Candidates with a M.Sc. in organic chemistry and 2-10 years of industrial experience will also be considered.
EdenRoc Sciences knows that our differences make us stronger as a team - all candidates will be considered based on experience and fit for role. Our employees enjoy a professional work environment, generous paid time off, Fortune-500 level benefits package and the opportunity to work on cutting edge science.
Please apply directly on our website
NO RECRUITERS please