Medical City Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Cath Lab for a nursing job in McKinney, Texas.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Cardiac Cath Lab
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Staff
Shift: No WeekendsDescription
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Medical City McKinney we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Medical City McKinney, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications * This is a Full Time Day Shift position, Monday - Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm with call required *
The Cardiovascular Invasive Registered Nurse will provide direct care to the adult and geriatric patient receiving invasive, diagnostic, and interventional procedures. With 3 procedure rooms, the RN will help with the sedation and managing the patient during the procedures, pulling the supplies for the doctor and tech, and will show a willingness to learn and grow while helping each patient. Other responsibilities may include:
What qualifications you will need:
- Provide high quality care -pre, post, and during procedures
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual cardiovascular invasive lab patients
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
- Hemodynamic and EKG monitoring including interpretation of information obtained
- Administration of Sedation Analgesia and monitoring patient response
- Management of high-risk intravenous therapies
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
- Basic knowledge of purpose CVI supplies while assisting in inventory control and ordering
- ADN required / BSN preferred
- Texas RN license required or compact license is accepted
- Current BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Must have at least one (1) year experience as an RN in critical care or previous Cath Lab experience
- 3 years of critical care experience preferred, Invasive cardiology experience also preferred
- Basic knowledge of hemodynamic values
- Verification of basic rhythm interpretations skills
Medical City McKinney opened its doors more than 90 years ago. We are a 285+ bed acute care hospital. We serve the residents of McKinney and northern Collin County. Our main campus is a Level III Trauma Center. We provide emergency services at our main campus and at Medical City ER Stonebridge. We have cardiovascular and neurological services. We offer general surgery, orthopedics and women's services. Additionally, a Level II neonatal intensive care unit and behavioral health services. Medical City McKinney is a Primary Stroke Center. We are also a stroke rehabilitation center. We are certified by The Joint Commission for total hip and total knee replacement. We are a part of the Medical City network of hospitals. Patients are ensured access to medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Medical City Healthcare Job ID #1-INFOR-1361304. Posted job title: Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab