Medical City Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) ED - Emergency Department for a nursing job in McKinney, Texas.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ED - Emergency Department
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights, flexible
- Employment Type: Staff
Shift: Nights (Rotating Weekends)Description
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Medical City McKinney our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Registered Nurse Emergency Room to join our healthcare family.
Medical City McKinney, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Medical City McKinney, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life - for life - and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Registered Nurse Emergency Room opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications * This is a Full Time Nights position, 6:00pm - 6:00am *
Under the supervision of the nurse manager, the Registered Nurse in the ER provides holistic, individualized patient care in response to emergent, identified needs. Additional functions will be performed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act and ENA standards in a manner consistent with the mission and goal of the organization. The RN will work closely as a team with other nurses and physicians in the 37 bed unit to care for our patients. We are a primary stroke facility and also handle a high population of behavioral health patients.
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt (ACLS) must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt (PALS) must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Satori Alternatives to Managing Aggression (SAMA) must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state of Texas or compact license
- Associate Degree required, BSN required within 24 months of hire
- 1 year of emergency room experience in an acute care hospital within the last 3 years
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City McKinney opened its doors more than 90 years ago. We are a 285+ bed acute care hospital. We serve the residents of McKinney and northern Collin County. Our main campus is a Level III Trauma Center. We provide emergency services at our main campus and at Medical City ER Stonebridge. We have cardiovascular and neurological services. We offer general surgery, orthopedics and women's services. Additionally, a Level II neonatal intensive care unit and behavioral health services. Medical City McKinney is a Primary Stroke Center. We are also a stroke rehabilitation center. We are certified by The Joint Commission for total hip and total knee replacement. We are a part of the Medical City network of hospitals. Patients are ensured access to medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse Emergency Room opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Medical City Healthcare Job ID #1-INFOR-1019355. Posted job title: Registered Nurse Emergency Room