Substitutes Date Posted:
West Hartford Public Schools Date Available:
Ongoing Closing Date:
West Hartford Public Schools is accepting applications for substitute school nurses. Three years of Acute Care, ER or Pediatric experience required.
Previous school nursing/substitute school nursing experience preferred. Ability to function anuonomously within guidelines. Connecticut Registered Nurse license is required. Requirements:
The requirements for this position include the following:
- Connecticut Registered Nurse license is required.
- Three years of Acute Care, ER or Pediatric experience.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- CPR/AED/BLS and First Aid certification.
- Strong assessment skills, good communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse population.
- Familiarity and comfort with computer programs.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide nursing services to students and the school community as needed.
- Provide leadership in health issues in accordance with coordinated school health concept.
Daily rate is $250.00 per full day.
Please include a current resume, transcipts, copy of valid CT Registered Nurse license, copy of current certifications and 3 letters of recommendation dated within the last 365 days.
Excellent per diem rate and working conditions.Equity and Anti-Racism Vision
We, the members of West Hartford Public Schools, dedicate ourselves
to the pursuit of equity. Equitable schools are those that value and
honor ALL in our community as unique individuals capable of
maximizing their true potential. We make a solemn promise to identify
and dismantle all elements of systemic racism and historical inequities.
We vow to clear paths, with a relentless duty to those in traditionally
marginalized groups. We pledge to partner with ALL families in the
service of the success of each child.