Adjunct, Nursing Faculty/PC Campus (POOL)Job Description:
APPLICANT MUST RESIDE IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA TO BE ELIGIBLE
This job description outlines the essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all the duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Gulf Coast State College are expected to perform duties as assigned by Gulf Coast State College supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
This position is sensitive and will require a criminal background check."Notice of E-Verify participation"Essential Duties Summary:
- Teach clinical or laboratory experiences as assigned by and under the supervision of faculty members or coordinator of nursing. In addition, prepare & direct appropriate pre- and post-clinical conferences.
- Responsible for making appropriate clinical assignment and communicate those assignments to students. Responsible for the supervision of students in the clinical setting to assure patient safety and quality patient outcomes.
- Complete and grade assigned course/clinical paperwork, entering grades, completion of student clinical evaluations and appropriate records. Conduct student clinical evaluations and other tasks as assigned by the full-time faculty responsible for the classroom or clinical session. Maintain attendance records for assigned clinicals or labs.
- Be present 15 minutes before start of clinic, or laboratory sessions. Participate in setting up the clinical setting, teach, interact with students, and perform other duties as required by the nature of the assignment under the supervision of the nursing faculty. Be available to students for 15 minutes after class ends for direction and remediation as needed.
- Monitor all clinics and lab sessions while in progress, remain in the clinical or lab as long as students are working in the clinic or lab. Do not release students prior to published schedules when assigned to classroom, clinical, or laboratory session is completed.
- Communicate with the supervising faculty or the program coordinator regarding student progress and issues as needed for counseling purposes.
- Ensure compliance with various standards such as: Infection Control, HIPAA Policies, QA, OSHA standards, ADN Nursing Handbook policies and the quality assurance program for assigned labs or clinics.
- Where applicable, assist with the use and maintenance of equipment, inventory control, and creation of supply lists for ordering by the Coordinator, Laboratory Coordinator or full-time faculty member responsible for the course of clinic.
- Provide evaluation and feedback to the program coordinator or faculty regarding course materials, outcomes, delivery styles, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Participate if available in nursing advisory board meeting.
- Represent the nursing program to the community, professional & academic organizations in a positive way. Demonstrate professional standards at all times.
- Provide input to the Nursing Coordinator and full-time faculty relative to course, clinical and program improvement, and, participate as available, in in-service & nursing meetings.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations as outlined in the college manual of policy, and the nursing department faculty policies and guidelines and licensing regulation required by Florida Board of Nursing.
- Part-time Faculty Position
- Bachelors in Nursing Required - Masters in Nursing preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience
- Current Florida Registered Nursing License
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to work flexible hours and regular attendance at work are essential functions of this positionPhysical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and climb/balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus as well as ability to determine the color of objectsFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimePosting Number:
02/17/2023Open Until Filled: