At University Hospitals, our extraordinary nurses enable us to advance the science of health and the art of compassion. And in turn, we help our nurses thrive by equipping them with the support - and the environment - they need to empower, advocate, innovate, and achieve excellence in human caring. Because when nurses shape their own vision of success, they grow beyond bounds. When nurses collaborate on
groundbreaking research, they forge the future of health care.
At University Hospitals, nurses have always been our front-line caregivers. Every day, they care for patients of all ages - from newborns to seniors - expertly blending compassion with advanced knowledge, technical skills and professional integrity.
University Hospitals offers diverse opportunities within our inpatient units as well as our critical care areas. As a nurse you have the ability to thrive and provide quality patient centered care that makes the difference within a Medical / Surgical, ICU, Emergency Room or Psychiatric setting.
A comprehensive benefit package awaits you when you join UH, including but not limited to:
• Competitive salary
• Paid time off
• Flexible work schedules
• Retirement and pension plansDescription:
Provides safe efficient age specific nursing care to patients and families using the nursing process in order to assist them to attain, maintain, regain, and sustain optimal health status. Implements the nursing process by delivering effective relationship based nursing care. Demonstrates technical skills in care delivery that result in safe practice and positive care outcomes. Demonstrates clear communication and effective collaboration to optimize patient care and clinical operations. Develops self and contributes to the professional practice of nursing. Displays leadership that influences optimal clinical and operational outcomes. ACLS/PALS may be required based on clinical area standards.QualificationsQualifications:
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
- 1 year of RN experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of nursing process and practice.
- Uses a wide variety of technical equipment to meet patient needs and prescribed medical therapies (i.e.. stethoscopes, thermometers, sphygmomanometers and electronic monitoring devices.
Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification:
- Minimum of Diploma/Associate's Degree in nursing from accredited program required.
- Registered Nurse with current license to practice in the state of Ohio required.
- Current BLS Provider Certification, issued by the American Heart Association, or must be obtained during Nursing Orientation.
- ALS & PALS may be required based on area's requirements.
Sign-on bonus offerings up to $8,000
. Speak to a recruiter today for additional details!Required:
Current Registered Nurse employee of St. Vincent Charity Hospital.