The Research Associate II, with guidance from more experienced scientists, is responsible for the day to day experimentation and is responsible for the execution of bench experiments and analysis of data. Working in a team setting, the Research Associate II will primarily be involved in Research and Development projects assisting in translating research ideas and concepts into the product development pipeline towards development of diagnostic assay products. Essential Duties
include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct bench level experiments within a specific product or technology area.
- With guidance, plan, record, and analyze results of bench level experiments within a specific product or technology area.
- Operate scientific instrumentation related to performance of duties and notifies appropriate personnel of any problems.
- Effectively utilize and apply established methods or technologies.
- Contribute ideas to improve team processes.
- Provide technical input and participates in decisions affecting project planning and experimental design.
- Maintain lab notebook in a complete and consistent manner, following all legal, ISO, and QSR requirements, as well as keeping clear and complete.
- Prepare reports and documentation providing the analysis or summarization of experimental results and outcomes to supervisor, technical teams/groups, or project teams.
- Present experimental results, information and updates at project or departmental meetings.
- Work on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Work with project team members on assignments to meet department and project objectives.
- Work within project timeframes that are established collaboratively by team members.
- Ability to work in a BSL-2 environment following Biosafety guidelines.
- Ability to complete assignments in expected time frame and seek out additional work when assignments are completed ahead of time.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within team and department.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work on several tasks with changing priorities.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends, as needed.
- Ability to lift to 20 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability to use various types of laboratory equipment including microscopes, microtomes, blades, strainers, pipettes for extended periods of time.
- May perform repetitious actions using lab tools.
- Ability to use near vision to view samples at close range.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens and instruments with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing elements, and high-speed centrifugation.
- Ability and means to travel between local Exact Sciences locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Chemical/Physical/Biological Science, or
- related field.
- 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology and/or biochemical techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform
- the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- 1+ years of experience in medical device/IVD, biotech, life science or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in molecular assay development and optimization of methods including qPCR, dPCR, or NGS
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute, analyze, and interpret experiments.
$56,000.00 - $89,000.00
The annual base salary shown is for this position located in US - WI - Madison on a full-time basis. In addition, this position is bonus eligible, and is eligible to receive company stock upon hire as well as annually. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms, conditions, and eligibility requirements of the applicable plans.
If you require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
To view the Right to Work, E-Verify Employer, and Pay Transparency notices and Federal, Federal Contractor, and State employment law posters, refer to this link . These documents summarize important details of the law and provide key points that you have a right to know.