Location: Boston, MA Category: Faculty Posted On: Thu Sep 14 2023 Job Description: Full Time Faculty - Allied Health Certificate Program, Health Sciences Division
- Primarily responsible for instructional preparation and teaching of Allied Health courses offered at the Certificate and course level in the classroom, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) practicum and laboratory settings.
- Specific Duties:
- Teach Allied Health Courses including lecture, lab, and/or CNA clinical practicum.
- Oversee student progress and/or issues during CNA practicum at multiples sites
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom, lab and clinical setting.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking
- Develop and deliver instructional material consistent with course objectives and Allied Health Program requirements.
- Participate in determining appropriate goals and objectives of allied health courses and assist in developing course standards.
- Use computer technologies in the classroom, as appropriate, to facilitate learning.
- Actively participate in on-going professional development, including BHCC AIDE training in online and hybrid learning.
- Maintain expertise and currency in the area of teaching responsibility.
- Comply with the duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Council Collective Bargaining Agreement. Job Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a health-related field, Master's degree preferred
- Current licensure or eligibility to practice as a Registered Nurse in good standing in Massachusetts
- Must meet the Massachusetts Department of Public Health's requirements for appointment as a RN Primary Instructor in a Nurse Aide Training Program https://search.mass.gov/?q=requirement+for+CNA+instructor
- Minimum of five years full-time experience in Long-term care Nursing or its equivalent within the last eight years, including supervision of CNAs.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Two-Five years teaching experience in a CNA course/program
- Community college teaching experience preferred
- Experience with using a Learning Management System Additional Information:Salary Range: $65,000.00-75,000.00 Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate with Education & Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Review Date: open until filledPIeb0e4ff04778-31181-32847086