Creighton Universitys College of Nursing
(CON) is hiring Special Faculty
for the Spring, Summer, and Fall sessions at the Omaha campus. Hiring for specialties for Medical/Surgical, Psychiatric/mental Health, Critical Care, Community Health, Maternal/Child, and Pediatrics.
Well-qualified candidates will demonstrate a commitment to teaching, and practice, and be responsible to educate undergraduate nursing students. Applications accepted until positions are filled.
Seeking to hire for the following areas:
- Safety & Quality labs and Health Assessment Lab. Hours dependent upon the number of sections of lab. Can work anywhere from 2-18 hour/week.
- Clinical rotations- varying numbers of hours/week from 12 - 18 hours/week and will require direct supervision of students in the clinical areas.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Candidates must possess a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) (or earned doctorate in nursing) OR a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and be currently enrolled in a MSN program.
- A current unencumbered license as an RN in the state of Nebraska, or eligibility for license as required per state bound regulations for teaching across geographic boundaries required.
- Two (2) years of continuous clinical experience.
- Experience in classroom or clinical, and/or on-line instruction preferred.
How to Apply
- Clinical expertise in area of nursing;
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Strong collaborative/teamwork ability to motivate, and inspire individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to foster student and staff learning, development, and decision making in support of goals, success, wellness, and needs;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop rapport quickly and effectively with a diversity of populations;
- Empathy and compassion for the experiences of others;
- Mission/Service and Results oriented;
- Ability to work at times non-traditional business hours when needed (i.e. weekends, evening, and/or holiday)
Applicants must apply with the following materials attached to the online application
• Curriculum Vitae
• A statement indicating your top 3 nursing specialty interest areas and why.
Candidates are strongly urged to familiarize themselves with Creighton's mission and founding principles and review the Faculty Handbook and definition of "Special Faculty" at: