Lecturer in Management
16-Oct-2023 to Until Filled (MST) Cedar City, UT, USA per year Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary Full Time Outstanding benefits package includes 14.2% employer contribution to retirement, preferred health and dental insurance, disability & life insurance, and employer contributions to HSA Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Southern Utah University is a comprehensive, state-supported, regional graduate and undergraduate degree-granting institution located in Cedar City, Utah, with an enrollment of about 15,000 students. It is home to the Utah Shakespeare Festival and is surrounded by national parks, monuments, forests and wilderness areas that draw millions of visitors annually from around the world. The university is located about 2 hours from Las Vegas and 3 hours from Salt Lake City. SUU is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and the School of Business is committed to the principles underlying this policy.
Date of first consideration: 12/31/2023
For full consideration please ensure that your application is completed by December 31, 2023. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Dixie L. Leavitt School of Business is seeking applicants for a lecturer to provide instruction in a variety of Management-related courses. With a university focus on experiential learning and a growing MBA program, the successful candidate will provide quality learning experiences for both undergraduate and graduate students.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include the following:
- Provide excellent face-to-face and online instruction in undergraduate and graduate courses. Courses taught could include General Management, Leadership, Human Resource Management, and Organizational Behavior.
- Summer courses may be available to teach for additional compensation.
- Engage and mentor students in alignment with the mission and vision of the university and school.
- Sustain currency and relevance through continued professional business experience related to the candidate's background.
- Work closely with the Business Career Services Coordinator mentoring students in career exploration and securing employment.
- Work in a team-based environment, provide service to the department, school, and university, and business industry.
- Attend School and University meetings and events.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to interact positively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Other duties as assigned by the administration.
In accordance with Utah State Code 53B-1-110, appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful passing of a background check. Proposed Education and Experience Requirements:
Documents Needed to Apply:
- This position requires an earned master's degree in a business-related related field with significant professional experience.
- A minimum 8+ years of industry relevant experience.
- Excellent teaching skills in various Management courses. Teaching experience could include experience in corporate settings (e.g., corporate training, public speaking, etc.).
- Previous experience with delivering online learning content, and familiarity with course management software, such as Canvas or Blackboard.
- Letter of interest, with clear indication of position being applied for.
- Curriculum vitae (resume).
- Contact information for at least three references (at least one from industry) including name, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Three most recent teaching evaluations, and/or evidence of teaching effectiveness.
- Any other supporting documents if available.
- Finalists may be asked to provide official transcripts to verify master's degree.
For application, please go to https://www.suu.edu/employment/ . You may be asked to create an account for getting into the application system.
For assistance with the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-586-7754
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services. Share This JobTo apply, visit https://suu.applicantpro.com/jobs/3099572
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency