The New England School of Acupuncture seeks an adjunct faculty member to deliver high quality learning experiences and evaluation for the acupuncture program. The selected candidate will bring subject matter expertise to the responsibilities of remote didactic teaching of Western Nutrition foundations and basic applications (1-credit course).
- Deliver didactic instruction through the online Learning Management System Blackboard® in a synchronous classroom setting Provide an engaging active learning environment for studentsProvide students with periodic assessments of their progress toward meeting course learning outcomes, which demonstrate clinical applications of concepts coveredApply grading policies fairly and consistentlyDevelop and adhere to the course syllabus per the NESA/MCPHS format, which includes course description, learning outcomes, attendance policy in line with that of MCPHS, and assessment criteria, including assignment deliverables and timelinesAdditional responsibilities may be assigned by the Dean or Associate Dean
- Master's degree required, doctoral degree preferred
- Strong theoretical and clinical background in Western Nutrition
- Commitment to graduate education and student success
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience teaching online strongly preferred
- Must be able to work independently and effectively interact with students and administration/staff
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, please click here.Apply
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. MCPHS is unable to sponsor, or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa. MCPHS is also not an E-Verify institution.About Us
Established in 1823, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS) is the oldest institution of higher education in Boston, a city that is home to many of the world's top universities and healthcare institutions. We are one of the largest and most highly-ranked schools for health- and life-sciences, and our alumni and faculty continually distinguish themselves in healthcare settings around the globe. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston's Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Our vision is to empower our Community to create a healthier, more equitable world, which we strive to achieve through our strategic priorities of collaboration, inclusion, success, sustainability, planning, and support.MCPHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
that celebrates a diverse community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.