***$10,000 Sign On Bonus Eligible (external candidates only)***
Join LabCorp Diagnostics and you'll be a part of an innovative life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care and providing comprehensive clinical laboratory services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions and pioneers new diagnostic technologies to improve the delivery of care.
LabCorp is a leader in laboratory medicine and we strive to meet the rapidly evolving healthcare needs. Do work that matters. Be a part of our team bringing laboratory diagnostics to a new level. The Southeast Division of LabCorp is seeking a 3rd shift Lab Manager I, located in Birmingham, AL.
The Manager would oversee clinical laboratory services associated with the LCA Birmingham Regional Laboratory. The laboratory provides clinical laboratory testing 365 days a year. Provides direction for 3rd shift technical laboratory operations within the Birmingham regional laboratory in order to service clients and patients in accordance with contractual obligations, industry standards of scientific integrity and regulatory requirements.
Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies. Responsible for training, staffing to metrics, TAT, and facilities. Works closely with supply chain partners to support business objectives.The work schedule for this position is: Tuesday - Saturday, 1:00 am - 10:00 am.Scope of Supervision:
This position receives a minimum amount of supervision and reports directly to the Birmingham Laboratory Director of Operations. This position is responsible for the direct or indirect supervision of up to 100 employees which may include other supervisors and managers. Principal Functional Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation of a laboratory structure and organization to ensure uninterrupted lab operations, scientific integrity of laboratory activities and validity of test results.
- Direct the implementation of standardized procedures for the laboratory including internal and external quality control and validation/implementation of new equipment and methods.
- Ensure internal Customer support regarding medical/scientific and lab technical issues is provided.
- Organize to prepare, review and/or approves SOPs from the various laboratory departments.
- Enforce and ensure prompt corrective action is taken in respect to laboratory audit findings or deficiencies noted with regards to implemented quality programs.
- Serve as laboratory departmental liaison during government inspections and/or client audits.
- Provide and/or supervise training in laboratory areas, ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for the hiring, training and development of laboratory and specimen management staff.
Benefits: All job offers will be based on a candidate's skills and prior relevant experience, applicable degrees/certifications, as well as internal equity and market data. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), ESPP, Paid time off (PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Commissions, and Company bonus where applicable. For more detailed information, please click here.
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology, chemistry, biology, or a related life science (advanced degree preferred)
- Associate's in medical lab technology may be considered with acceptable experience
- 2 or more years of clinical laboratory experience within a supervisory/management role
- Proficient in laboratory knowledge and how to effectively manage a clinical laboratory
- Strong demonstrated leadership capabilities including: emotional intelligence, excellent listening, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to manage the performance of others and provide developmental coaching/feedback and mentoring
- Able to balance the needs of the business with the needs of the employees
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today! Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.
Job number: 2283216
Date posted : 2023-11-14
Profession: Lab Operations
Employment type: Full-Time