Are you looking for an opportunity to save lives as an *Emergency Department Nurse (RN)* and be part of one of the largest hospital systems in Illinois? Several registered nurse openings are available at Elmhurst Hospital, behalf of NorthShore University HealthSystem! *See and apply here for immediate consideration:*
*Position*: Emergency Department Registered Nurse ( RN )
* Full-time: Nights 7pm - 7:30am, rotating weekends and holiday schedule.
* Part-Time Nights 7pm - 7am (24 hours) with weekends, holiday schedule.
* On-call Requirements: Two (2) 8 hour on call shifts required in a 6 week schedule period. Response Time: 30-45 minutes with understanding if geographically live further away.
*Pay*: Depends on experience, starting at $34.68/hr plus benefits; Shift Differential: $3.00/hour for PM, $4.50 for Nights, $1.90 for Weekends/Holidays.
_Benefits: Medical and Dental (Blue Cross Blue Shield), 401K, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, Fitness Center, Comprehensive Wellness Program, and more._
* License: IL RN License
* Certifications: BLS; ACLS and PALS within 3 months
* Experience: Minimum 1 year ER experience required. ICU experience or any type of inpatient nursing experience. For example, someone with medical tele, surgical tele, or neuro/stroke/tele.
* Education: Associates required with BSN within 5 years.
*About the Unit*
The ER has a with a wide range of diagnoses. Patient population treats everything. It is a level II trauma center with a comprehensive stroke center. Many opportunities for education and growth within the department and the hospital!
* Nurse to patient ratio: 1:3, 4 - changes regularly.
* Wide range of patient population as an ED sees/treats everything. Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) certified. Elmhurst is Primary Stroke Center
* Average ED census is 215 with about 20% admitted in hospital daily.
* Collaborate with physicians for patient care.
* Responsible for treating patients with serious illnesses, injuries, and other medical emergencies when they arrive at a hospital.
* Includes taking vital signs, administering medications, performing EKGs and x-rays, assisting in surgeries, and dealing with emotional trauma.
* Develop a patient care plan after evaluating injuries, set bones, give blood transfusions or run tests to determine the medical needs of patients.
*About Elmhurst Hospital*
Elmhurst, IL is close to everything and full of life and spirit! The city is a short trip to Chicago for travel, but it has much to explore itself with its tree-lined streets, restaurants for all tastes, many unique shops, educational and entertain museums, and vibrant art and theater scene!
Edward-Elmhurst Health is one of the larger integrated health systems in Illinois. The system was created by the merger of Edward Hospital and Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare in 2013. It is a Magnet hospital with level II trauma center, and has been named in the Top 5 mid-size healthcare systems in the country by IBM Watson/Fortune Top 15 health systems of 2022.
Elmhurst Hospital features 259 private inpatient suites in an aesthetically pleasing, easy-to-navigate environment. Built from the ground up to incorporate the latest trends in healthcare design, the Hospital offers a healthcare experience that is less intimidating and more comforting.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: From $34.68 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid sick time
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Critical & Intensive Care
* Emergency Medicine
* Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Differential pay
* Rotating weekends
* Associate (Preferred)
* ED RN: 1 year (Preferred)
* RN License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person