Respiratory Therapy Program Faculty - Rank DoQ GENERAL REQUISITION INFORMATION
EEO Statement: UNMC is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, including an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Location Omaha, NE Requisition Number: 2023-371 Department CAHP Respiratory Care 50012509 Business Unit(College/Institute) College of Allied Health Professions FTE: 100 Reg-Temp Full-Time Regular Work Schedule Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 5 pm Requisition Category Faculty Requisition Title Respiratory Therapy Program Faculty - Rank DoQ Job Title/Academic Rank Respiratory Therapy Program Faculty - Rank DoQ Additional Requisition Title Respiratory Therapy Program Faculty - Rank DoQ Appointment Type DOQ - DEPENDS ON QUALS Salary Range Salary Commensurate with Experience Job/EEO Category Faculty Job Requisition Begin Date 12/18/2023 Position Qualification
Position Summary The faculty member will provide teaching and may include clinical instruction to the students on both the Omaha and Kearney campuses, assist in PBL, clinical skills, simulation, support, and evaluation of students enrolled in the Respiratory Therapy Program. Build and sustain community partnerships in support of clinical education and outreach activities. Assist the program director with the day-to-day administration of the program, including recruiting, admissions, accreditation support, and advising processes.
Required Qualifications 1. Holds a master's degree in the healthcare, education, or business field.
2. Minimum of two years of clinical experience in the professional discipline.
3. Proficient in supervision, instruction, evaluation, and academic advising.
4. Current AARC membership.5. Certification in BLS and ACLS.6. Current Nebraska License or eligible for licensure in Nebraska.7. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.8. Ability to identify with, share in, and commit to the mission, philosophy, and goals of the University of Nebraska Medical Center.9. Ability to travel to locations in and outside of the Omaha metro area for clinical site recruitment.10. Excellent human relations and effective communication skills.
11. Qualities conducive to establishing and maintaining effective relationships with clinicians, and co-workers in a small office setting, and community.
Supplemental Qualifications The well-qualified candidate will:
1. Hold an Ed.D or Ph.D.
2. Have experience educating medical or respiratory students.
3. Have experience educating medical or respiratory students.
4. Have experience in an academic medical center setting, curriculum development, student supervision, instruction, evaluation, and academic advising.
Working Environment & Physical Requirements WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The information provided below best describes the Environment in which the primary function of the position is performed. Check the appropriate box(es) that best describes the Environment in which the primary function of the position is performed. Office environment, Clinical environment Other working environment N/A PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT
Bending, stooping, twisting Occasionally Crawling Not Applicable Driving Occasionally Kneeling Occasionally Reaching Occasionally Sitting 2-5 hours Standing 2-5 hours Squatting Occasionally Walking Up to 2 hours EXPOSURES
Atmospheric No Blood/body fluids No Chemical hazards No Working on or around moving machinery No Electrical current Yes Noise No Changes of temperature/humidity No Wear PPE Yes Work with laboratory animals No Radiation Operating hand/power tools No If you answered yes to any area above, please explain Body Fluids: patient interaction
Wear PPE: patient interaction Hand/Wrists
Fine Manipulation Both Repetitive Motion Both Grasping Both If you selected any area above, please explain Writing, keyboard, mouse, and simulation equipment. Addtional
Describe any other aspects and demands of the job not listed in this description. Color vision is required. EEO Statement EEO Statement
EEO Statement The University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work and learning environment free from discrimination and harassment. UNMC is dedicated to creating an environment where everyone feels valued, respected and included. UNMC does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNMC complies with all local, state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination, including Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex. Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
Requisition Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree, or equivalent, in the field identified in this posting?
- * Are you board eligible/board certified in the field specified in this posting?
- * How did you hear about this position?
- Employee Referral
- Job Fair
- Lincoln Journal Star
- Omaha World Herald
- UNMC Job Site
- * If Other, please specify the source. Otherwise, indicate NA.
(Open Ended Question)