Intermediate Clinical Sciences Professional - Health Coaching Research - 30563 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical CampusDepartment: College of NursingWorking Title: Intermediate Clinical Sciences ProfessionalPosition #: 00811305 - Requisition #: 30563Job Summary:
This Clinical Sciences Professional works in the CU Nursing Office of Research and Scholarship. Its responsibilities include supporting the principal investigator in their study to test a technology-supported caregiver physical activity coaching program. Specifically, this position will have the role of a clinical researcher as well as a health coach. The position will recruit participants in the clinical settings for all stages of the study, conduct informed consent and in-person study visits, assist with analyzing quantitative/qualitative data and preparing scholarly work, data entry, and track study progress. As a health coach, this position will provide participants with tailored exercise coaching sessions and assist with integrating and evaluating participants' physical activity needs, sensor data, and progress. In addition, it will provide text messages to motivate daily exercise every other day. The position will also prepare reports for weekly study team meetings and assist with IRB, NIH report preparation, manuscript production, and grant preparation for future projects.Key Responsibilities:
- Provide participants with tailored exercise coaching sessions.
- Assist with integrating and evaluating participants' physical activity needs, sensor data, and progress.
- Provide text messages to participants using Twilo and Redcap.
- Manage relevant software and database applications, including EPIC, REDCap, Twilo, Dedoose etc. for assigned research projects.
- Serve as gift card manager for grant, oversee study materials (e.g. Fitbit, exercise resistance bands) being ordered and tracked, and is responsible for initiating study subject payment forms.
- Assist with and oversee the day-to-day operations of clinical trials and studies.
- Obtain study subject's medical history and current medication information, reviews research protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria, and confirms eligibility of subject to participate in clinical trial.
- Perform informed consent process or ensures that the informed consent process has occurred, is properly documented, and that informed consent form documents are filed as required.
- Interview prospective subjects for a variety of research clinical trials. Educate potential subjects on the details of the studies through phone contacts and personal interviews.
- Schedule subject participation in research clinical trial, coordinating availability of necessary space, and clinical research support (e.g., physician, nurse practitioner, laboratory, radiology, pharmacy).
- Collect, code, and analyze data obtained from research in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adhere to research regulatory standards.
- Maintain detailed records of studies to ensure compliance with requirements of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), study protocols, department, hospital/clinical standard operating procedures and other regulatory guidelines.
- Participate in subject recruitment efforts, including communicating with patients expressing an interest and all pre-screening/screening activities.
- Ensure that the necessary supplies and equipment for studies are in stock and in working order.
- Independently master study materials, including but not limited to protocols, informed consent forms, and all other essential study documents for assigned studies.
- Independently perform study related processes, procedures, and assessments as defined in study protocol and in compliance with regulating bodies.
- Assist Team Leads, Supervisors and/or management with creation and implementation of processes and procedures and quality improvement initiatives.
- Act as a Primary Coordinator on multiple trials/studies.
- Assist and train junior team members.
This description is a summary only and describes the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority. Work Location:
Hybrid - this role is eligible for a hybrid schedule of some days per week on campus and as needed for in-person meetings.Why Join Us:
CU Nursing is an amazing place to be. We have the distinct advantage of being a part of a huge medical campus with three incredible hospitals - the VA, the nationally ranked University of Colorado Hospital, and the Children's Hospital Colorado where our nursing students and faculty learn every day. From our beginning 125 years ago as part of the School of Medicine at CU Boulder to our current home at the Anschutz Medical Campus, the college has been a recognized leader in nursing education (ranked #10 in online MS graduate programs by U.S. News & World Report 2023). Our faculty, students and staff have been instrumental in shaping the profession of nursing and teaching the next generation of nurses while treating patients in our own nurse-led clinics. Be a part of an innovative, dynamic, diverse, and exciting workplace -- helping make great things happen. Join us in our quest to boldly transform health together.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness.Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.Qualifications:Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in any field.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- One (1) year of research experience or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology, Physical Education, or related field.
- Experience as an exercise specialist, and/or prescribing exercise for older adults.
- Experience with participating in clinical trials.
- Two (2) years of clinical research or related experience.
- Experience with electronic data capture systems (e.g. EMR or EHR and data management systems such as RedCap and/or Dedoose).
How to Apply:
- Knowledge and understanding of federal regulations and Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of basic human anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
- Ability to interpret and master complex research protocol information.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to represent the University in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to collaborate as a member of a team and to work highly independently to meet competing demands.
- Innovative problem-solving skills, and ability to thrive on challenges encountered in fluid, complex environment.
- Knowledge of institutional and governmental research administration policies and procedures and ability to strictly follow IRB, FDA, and HIPAA regulations.
- Proficient use of computer and relevant software and database applications, including REDCap, OnCore, Microsoft Office, as well as the ability to master new software programs.
- Excellent project management, organizational, and time management skills.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
- A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
- Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Questions should be directed to: College of Nursing Human Resources at CON.HR@ucdenver.eduScreening of Applications Begins:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established as:
$40,976 to $47,200 at 0.80 FTE
$51,220 to $59,000 at 1.00 FTE
The above salary range ( or hiring range ) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com.Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Research Services Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 20468 - CON-DEAN ADMINISTRATION Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Oct 3, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: College of Nursing Human Resources Posting Contact Email: CON.HR@ucdenver.edu Position Number: 00811305
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency