The Clinical Research Assistant will work closely with the Center for Interventional Immunology study team to recruit and enroll participants, with and without autoimmune disease, conduct study visits and maintain study records in accordance with specified protocol and procedures for the Translational Research Program Immune Mediated Disease Registry and Repository. This is not a lab-based position.
- As part of a study team, assist with developing and carrying out recruitment strategies.
- Arrange, conduct and record study visits with participants to collect data and obtain biologic samples following strict protocols and processes. This will include blood draws, collecting vitals, obtaining tissue samples from standard of care procedures, screenings and in person interviews
- Maintain accurate and concise participant records, ensuring completeness and accuracy of information
- Develop and maintain positive, professional communications with participants, scientists, medical providers and support staff
- Complete various aspects of regulatory requirements including documentation and reporting.
- Other departmental tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in data collection and/or customer service
- A valid Washington State drivers license and proof of insurance to travel either with personal vehicle or BRI van to local satellite clinics to meet with participants
- Experience in health care or research is preferable
- Experience using various data collection tools such as administering health questionnaires and phone surveys is preferable
- Ability to be a positive, contributing member of a team, as well as working independently to set and achieve departmental goals
- Must have high attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of the data collection process
- Strong, professional written and oral communication skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills and experience working with databases
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and, occasionally, weekends
- Strong interpersonal skills which includes discussing sensitive health information
$21.50 to $29.27 per hour
- Medical, dental, vision hardware insurance
- Flexible spending accounts: health care, dependent care, commuter
- Short and long-term disability and life and AD&D insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with matching funds after one year of employment
- PTO: 13 holidays, three weeks of vacation and two weeks of sick leave per year
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance program
- Subsidized bus pass
- YMCA rebate and other fitness club discounts
- Voluntary benefits, e.g., pet insurance, accident, critical illness, identify theft
- See benaroyaresearch.org for benefit details
Benaroya Research Institute (BRI) has a bold mission: To predict, prevent, reverse and cure immune system diseases, from autoimmune disease to cancer to COVID-19. We examine the immune system in both health and disease to understand how disorders start and how to rebalance the immune system back to health. Equipped with innovative tools and robust biorepositories, our team chips away at the biggest mysteries behind these conditions to work toward our vision of a healthy immune system for everyone. BRI is a world-renowned independent nonprofit research institute affiliated with Virginia Mason Franciscan Health and based in Seattle. We collaborate with clinicians to accelerate the path from innovative lab discoveries to life-changing patient care.
At BRI, each role is valued and an important contributor to our vision and mission. BRI is committed to a safe, caring and diverse workplace; as well as to taking action to further our commitments to foster inclusion, equity and belonging so employees feel comfortable bringing their full selves to work. Consider making a difference by joining our team. Because together, we are powering possibility.
To learn more, visit benaroyaresearch.org and connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Threads, LinkedIn, X and YouTube.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. If you need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 206-342-6972 or email
email@example.com. #LI-CS1 #LI-DNP #LI-Onsite