Apply to join our Randstad Life Sciences Talent community! The 1st quarter of the year is a crucial time for our clients to interview and hire top talent in multiple areas such as pre-clinical, clinical, drug safety, etc. Apply below and we can schedule some time to talk through your 2024 career goals and how Randstad can help! See below for as example job description Biologist I 1 Year North Chicago, IL PR: $35 - $29.11/hr Job Summary
We have an opportunity available for a motivated and skilled biologist who will support the activities of a cell bank in a highly collaborative environment. The candidate must be willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary research team under the mentorship of a supervisor. Job Responsibilities
The major responsibilities will include routine mammalian cell culture, cell bank maintenance and equipment handling.
The successful candidate will be expected to rapidly learn the daily operation of the lab, readily adapt to changing needs and priorities. Excellent teamwork, communication skills, adherence to good laboratory conduct, documentation practices and safety guidelines are essential. Education & Qualifications
- Entry level skills, either Associates with 1-2 years of experience, Bachelors Degree in Biology with no lab experience or BS in Chemistry with Biology minor.
- Familiar with general lab equipment, i.e. microscope, Autoclave.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique.
- Prior wet lab bench work experience and familiarity with general biology lab procedures.
- Ability to perform routine tasks in a timeline driven and goal-oriented team environment.
- Driven, agile, detail-oriented, organized and a self-starter.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, working in a cell bank, cryopreservation and handling multiple adherent, suspension, or mixed cell lines simultaneously.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Fast learner and adaptable to quick-changing priorities.
- Creates a learning environment, open to feedback for improvement.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day)