N/A Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we'll give you the opportunity to harness all that's within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we'll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you'll be supported in progressing - whatever your ambitions. Impact Statement:
Responsible for executing activities related to research and development of diagnostic and monitoring capabilities, including: identification, evaluation, planning, execution, and implementation/technology transfer of new technologies, features, and products that offer innovative medical solutions to improve the health of patients around the world. Purpose:
Responsible for the initiation, design, development, execution, and implementation of scientific R&D projects. Key Responsibilities:
- Investigates the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential technologies, materials, processes, and products.
- Plans and executes laboratory, preclinical or clinical research to prove feasibility of concepts.
- Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories and contributes to scientific literature and conferences.
- Participates in intellectual property evaluations and development of patent applications.
- Consults and interacts with external and internal customers.
- May coordinate interdepartmental activities and R&D efforts.
- Writes and submits professional articles for technical journals.
Quality System Requirements
- Advanced degree required - Master's degree in science, mathematics or engineering plus 3 or more years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- PhD Preferred
- Strong data analytics, machine learning and signal processing skills
- Experience with signal processing and algorithm development for physiologic signals (e.g. classification and/or prediction models)
- Proficiency in MATLAB
- Knowledge of sensor technologies and diagnostic/monitoring solutions for chronic diseases, especially in the cardiac space
- Knowledge of statistics
- Knowledge of human physiology
- Team player with good communication skills - written, verbal, and interpersonal.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Among other requirements, Boston Scientific maintains specific prohibited substance testing requirements for safety-sensitive positions. This role is deemed safety-sensitive and, as such, candidates will be subject to a drug test as a pre-employment requirement. The goal of the drug testing is to increase workplace safety in compliance with the applicable law.
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most - united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do - as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn't just business, it's personal. And if you're a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a prohibited substance free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company's policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.