Franklin & Marshall College is recruiting for a 2 full-time Post-Doctoral Researchers.
This position is budgeted with an expected pay of $65,000 per year. This is an edit to the #6 question you will see in the supplemental questions should you apply.
- Location: F&M Campus - Lancaster, PA
- Classification: Full-time /Exempt
- Schedule: 40 hours/week.
- Department: Earth & Environment
The work performed will support a multi-year research project evaluating water quality, geomorphic processes, vegetation, and carbon cycling in restored and un-restored floodplain environments in the mid-Atlantic region. The post-doctoral researcher will conduct field and lab research in support of this project. The researcher will teach one ENE course per academic year.
- Plan and conduct field sampling campaigns to characterize geomorphic processes, water quality, greenhouse gas fluxes and N, P, and C soil biogeochemistry in support of funded research projects on stream-floodplain restoration.
- Conduct laboratory analyses of soil and water samples collected from restored and unrestored stream-floodplain projects.
- Carry out data management, analysis and reporting of field and laboratory investigations in preparation for publication and grant report writing.
- Teach one F&M Earth & Environment course credit per semester or equivalent for the academic year.
- All other duties as assigned.
To learn more about the Earth & Environment Department, please click HERE. Requirements:
- Doctoral Degree
- Geographic Information System (GIS) proficiency required.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Google Suite products (Docs, Gmail, Sheets, Drive, Slides).
- Ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
- This position requires driving for college business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver's license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Google Suite products (Docs, Gmail, Sheets, Drive, Slides).
- Experience with R, SPSS, or similar software.
- Familiarity with EXO datalogging software, stream water velocity and depth measurement methods. Trace gas flux measurments.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
Franklin & Marshall College strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events. To learn more about our Benefits, please visit our Benefits Page.
Franklin & Marshall College is committed to having an inclusive campus community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. Application Instructions:
All submitted materials must be submitted via this online process. We regret we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted via mail, email, or fax. As you are submitting your application via this online process, please ensure that you provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating that your application materials have been received. Individuals who need accommodations due to a disability in order to submit an application or attend an employment interview should contact Human Resources at (717) 358-3996.
If you experience difficulty submitting your resume or cover letter, please CLICK HERE for assistance. If you have previously applied online to a position at Franklin & Marshall College and want to check on your submission or make changes, please CLICK HERE to log back into your account.