Kent School Admissions has an opening for an Associate Director of Admissions with a strong background in secondary school Admissions. Work in collaboration with team to develop and execute a vision for recruitment for prospective Kent School students. This position participates in all facets and phases of the admissions process.
A Bachelor's degree is required. Preference is given to those with prior experience in Admissions, ideally at the secondary level. The ideal candidate will be:
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- eager to work collaboratively with colleagues;
- an effective oral and written communicator;
- committed to developing an equitable and inclusive community;
- committed to improving their practice through peer observation and professional development;
- dedicated to making positive contributions to the student experience both inside and outside the classroom, including in dorms, on teams and clubs, and through advising.
- Serving as Associate Director of Admissions in keeping with the mission, values, and standards established by Kent School;
- Coaching two seasons of interscholastic sports or an equivalent (usually three seasons) of co-curricular activities
- Performing regular duty in our residential program
- Participating in Faculty committees
- Serving as Advisor to 5-7 students
- Maintaining Public Passenger Endorsement to drive a school vehicle for school activities.
- Represent the school accurately and compellingly to prospective students and parents, educational consultants, and other constituencies who may directly or indirectly play a role in recruitment/admissions activities.
- Develop and foster relationships with school administrators and teachers to further communicate future enrollment efforts.
- Assist the Director of Admissions with institutional research needs including the collection and analysis of relevant data.
- Communicate with prospective families in a polite, systematic, and efficient manner, including appropriate and timely follow up.
- Attend school fairs and visit partner schools as representatives of Kent School.
- Become proficient in the use of technology used to manage office recordkeeping and correspondence.
- Assist the Director with all publication and marketing initiatives.
- Work in concert with the Director of Admissions on a variety of scheduled admissions events including but not limited to: Open Houses, and Admission Receptions.
- Extensive travel (domestically) in support of the marketing and recruitment goals of the school, including internationally at times.
- Maintain an accurate record of travel and admission related expenses.
- Interview applicants and families, and provide a detailed report of the interview to the Admission Committee.
- Support the School and its leadership.
- Continually seek new opportunities to improve upon existing admission practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Admission.
- Successful completion of post-offer, pre-employment criminal background checks and drug test;
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance;
- Work is performed on a smoke free campus.
- The list of requirements above is essential, but not exhaustive; additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Director of Admissions Schedule/travel:
Academic Year. Travel Required Housing:
Kent School seeks faculty members who demonstrate cultural competency and are eager to help us build an inclusive, respectful, and diverse school community. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all personnel without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, ancestry, citizen status, veteran status, physical or mental handicaps, sexual orientation, or any other factors protected by law.