N/A Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we'll give you the opportunity to harness all that's within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we'll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you'll be supported in progressing - whatever your ambitions.
The Senior Therapy Development Scientist on the Therapy Systems and Preclinical Team will have a leading role in the development, integration, and evidence generation for improving the safety, effectiveness, and usability of ablation devices in the field of cardiac arrhythmia diagnosis and treatment. Key Responsibilities:
Specialized/technical skills include:
- Develop subject matter expertise in electroporation fundamentals and applied pulsed field biophysics from bench to bedside
- Track scientific literature for application of pulsed field in cardiac ablation technologies with periodic summaries to business stakeholders
- Partner with marketing and scientific communication functions to create presentations, webinars, and publications to advance customer understanding of pulsed field ablation technologies
- Contribute to the development of preclinical or collaborative clinical studies from conceptualization through publication and dissemination.
- Influence scientific evidence generation to support new product development through collaboration with R&D and Scientific Affairs
- Support customer interactions to advance adoption of BSC Pulsed Field ablation technology
- Create novel technology enhancements to therapeutic ablation catheters to meet customer and market demands in the rapidly growing and evolving electrophysiology marketplace.
- Advanced degree - PhD preferred - with strong background in biomedical engineering or medical physics
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with track record of scientific publications / presentations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical subject matter across a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to organize and drive collaborative scientific programs
- Strong organizational skills
- 6+ Years with BS
- 3 - 6 Years with MS
- 0 - 3 Years with PhD
- Degree in Engineering
- PhD in Electrical or Biomedical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in cardiac electrophysiology
Among other requirements, Boston Scientific maintains specific prohibited substance testing requirements for safety-sensitive positions. This role is deemed safety-sensitive and, as such, candidates will be subject to a drug test as a pre-employment requirement. The goal of the drug testing is to increase workplace safety in compliance with the applicable law.
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most - united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do - as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn't just business, it's personal. And if you're a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a prohibited substance free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company's policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.